If you’re looking for a delicious, easy-to-make dish that will wow your friends and family, look no further than the air fryer carne asada.
This Mexican-inspired dish is loaded with flavor and can be enjoyed by everyone.
All you need is an air fryer and some easily accessible ingredients to make this delicious meal.
Let’s take a look at how to cook air fryer carne asada.
- 1 How to Cook Air Fryer Carne Asada?
- 2 How to Reheat Air Fryer Carne Asada?
- 3 Should I Preheat My Air Fryer Before Cooking Air Fryer Carne Asada?
- 4 How Long Should I Cook Air Fryer Carne Asada?
- 5 What Toppings Should I Serve With Air Fryer Carne Asada?
- 6 What Kind of Meat Do You Use With Air Fryer Carne Asada?
- 7 What to Serve With Air Fryer Carne Asada?
- 8 At What Temperature Is Carne Asada Done in an Air Fryer?
- 9 Why Is My Air Fryer Carne Asada Undercooked?
- 10 Pro Tips for Making the Perfect Air Fryer Casada
- 11 Conclusion:
How to Cook Air Fryer Carne Asada?
Here is a step-by-step guide on making air fryer carne asada
1. Ingredients & Prep Work
The first step in making an air fryer carne asada is gathering all of the necessary ingredients.
Most of these are readily available at any grocery store or supermarket.
- You will need 1 pound of flank steak, 1/4 cup of lime juice, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of chili powder, 1 teaspoon each of garlic powder and cumin, 1/2 teaspoon each of oregano and paprika, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Once you have all the ingredients ready to go, it’s time to start prepping!
- Mix all the spices together in a bowl and then pour them over the flank steak in a shallow dish or Ziploc bag.
- Cover the steak with lime juice and then let it marinate for at least 30 minutes—the longer it marinates, the more flavorful it will be!
When you’re ready to cook, preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C).
2. Cooking Process
- After preheating the air fryer, lightly spray it with cooking oil spray before adding the flank steak to the basket.
- Cook for 8 minutes at 375°F (190°C) before flipping it over and cooking for an additional 8 minutes on the other side.
- Be sure to check frequently that your steak does not overcook – if needed reduce cooking time by a few minutes.
- For best results cook until an internal temperature of 145 °F (63 °C).
- Once cooked through remove from the air fryer and rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes before slicing across the grain into thin strips or cubes.
- Serve immediately with warm tortillas or on top of salads or tacos along with desired toppings such as guacamole or pico de gallo salsa. Enjoy!
How to Reheat Air Fryer Carne Asada?
If you have leftovers, the best way to reheat your carne asada is by using the air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to 375°F (190°C) and add the steak into the basket. Cook for 4-5 minutes until heated through.
Now that you know how to cook air fryer carne asada, you can enjoy this delicious meal any time. With minimal effort and accessible ingredients, you can make an amazing dish that’s guaranteed to please everyone! So don’t wait—try making this tasty dish today.
Should I Preheat My Air Fryer Before Cooking Air Fryer Carne Asada?
Yes, it is important to preheat your air fryer before cooking carne asada.
Preheating ensures that the steak cooks evenly and quickly.
Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C), then add the steak and cook according to the recipe instructions.
How Long Should I Cook Air Fryer Carne Asada?
Air fryer carne asada should be cooked for a total of 16 minutes, flipping it over halfway through.
Cook until an internal temperature of 145 °F (63 °C) is reached and the steak is cooked through. Enjoy!
What Toppings Should I Serve With Air Fryer Carne Asada?
We’ll give you some ideas on the best toppings to enhance the flavor of your air fryer carne asada and make it a meal your family will love.
Try adding crumbled queso fresco or shredded cheddar cheese for a creamy texture and added flavor.
Or if you’re feeling adventurous, try sprinkling some feta cheese over the top for an unexpected twist.
2. Sour Cream
Nothing cuts through the richness of carne asada like sour cream!
The coolness of sour cream pairs well with spicy dishes like tacos and burritos. Plus, it adds an extra layer of indulgence that guests can’t resist. Topping your carne asada with sour cream will take it to the next level!
Salsa is one of those toppings that just can’t be beaten.
Whether you prefer mild or spicy salsa, the flavor will work perfectly with air fryer carne asada. You could also add some diced tomatoes or jalapenos for extra heat (or sweetness). The options are endless!
Guacamole is another classic topping for tacos and burritos that goes perfectly with air fryer carne asada. The creamy texture will add a nice balance to the dish while providing some healthy fats too!
You can also mix in other ingredients such as diced onions or cilantro for an extra punch of flavor.
What Kind of Meat Do You Use With Air Fryer Carne Asada?
The most commonly used cut of beef for carne asada is skirt steak or flank steak.
- Skirt steak has a lot of flavor due to its marbling, and it also has a good amount of fat which helps keep the meat juicy and flavorful.
- Flank steak is also very flavorful, but it has less fat which makes it slightly drier than skirt steak.
Both cuts are relatively affordable and easy to find at most grocery stores or butcher shops.
Preparing The Meat For Air Fryer Carne Asada:
Before you put your steak into the air fryer, it’s important to prepare it properly so that it cooks evenly and comes out tender and juicy.
You’ll need to marinate the steak in a mixture of lime juice, garlic, cumin, onion powder, oregano, salt, pepper, olive oil, and cilantro for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
This will help tenderize the meat and give it lots of flavors.
Once it’s done marinating, pat dry the steak with paper towels before placing it in your pre-heated air fryer at 400°F for about 10 minutes or until cooked through (depending on thickness). Once cooked through let rest for 5 minutes prior to slicing against the grain then serve!
What to Serve With Air Fryer Carne Asada?
Here are some suggestions for the perfect sides to pair with your air fryer carne asada.
1. Tortillas and Chips
If you’re making air fryer carne asada tacos, having tortillas on hand is an absolute must! Flour or corn tortillas will work great and they’re a delicious way to enjoy your carne asada in taco form.
For a crispy texture, try heating up tortilla chips in the air fryer for a few minutes before serving them on the side. Your guests will love having both options available!
2. Rice or Beans
Another classic pairing for air fryer carne asada is either rice or beans (or both!).
Rice is easy to prepare in just about any kitchen appliance—from the stovetop to the slow cooker, to Instant Pot—while beans can be cooked from dry on the stove or from canned when you’re short on time.
Both are a great addition to your meal and give it an extra boost of flavor and protein.
3. Salads and Veggies
A light salad pairs perfectly with air fryer carne asada.
Whether you prefer greens like lettuce, spinach, or kale; veggies like peppers, tomatoes, and cucumbers; or something more unique like fruit salsa, there are plenty of salads that go well with this dish.
You could even mix things up by adding roasted vegetables like potatoes or squash into the mix!
At What Temperature Is Carne Asada Done in an Air Fryer?
Carne asada is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F.
To ensure accuracy, use a meat thermometer to check the temperature before serving. You can also look for signs that your carne asada is cooked through such as lightly browned edges and a crispy exterior.
Keep in mind that cooking times will vary depending on the size and thickness of your steak, so adjust accordingly.
Why Is My Air Fryer Carne Asada Undercooked?
If your carne asada is undercooked, it could be due to a few different factors.
- The most common reason is that the cooking time was not long enough or the temperature was too low.
- Make sure you are using an accurate meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of your steak and adjust accordingly if necessary.
- Additionally, make sure you are preheating the air fryer before adding your steak, as this will help ensure that it cooks evenly.
- If you’re still having trouble, try patting the steak dry with paper towels prior to cooking to help remove any excess moisture. This will help the steak cook more evenly and reduce the risk of undercooking.
Pro Tips for Making the Perfect Air Fryer Casada
We’ve compiled some pro tips that will help ensure your air fryer casada comes out just right.
1. Room Temperature:
For best results, let your meat come to room temperature before air frying. This will allow the flavors to develop and the internal temperature of the meat to be more even when cooked.
It also helps prevent any uneven cooking or burning of the outside of the steak.
If you don’t have time for this step, consider making smaller steaks, as they will cook faster than larger ones.
Season your meat with salt and black pepper before air frying. This is essential for adding flavor and ensuring a juicy steak because the air fryer doesn’t produce the same caramelized crust that traditional methods do.
If you want to take things up a notch, consider using steak seasoning or other herbs and spices as well. The possibilities are endless!
3. Steak Seasoning:
A great way to elevate this dish is to add some steak seasoning, which will add lots of flavors including garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, oregano, thyme, and rosemary.
You can find these seasonings in almost any grocery store or online retailer. Experiment with different combinations until you find one that tastes just right!
Making an air fryer casada can be intimidating at first but with these pro tips in hand, you’ll be able to make delicious dishes in no time!
Remember to let your meat come up to room temperature before cooking it; season it with salt and black pepper; and try out some steak seasoning for added flavor!
Air Fryer Carne Asada is a simple yet delicious meal that anyone can make in their home kitchen! It requires minimal prep work but packs maximum flavor when done right – perfect for weeknight dinners or weekend parties alike!
All you need is an air fryer plus some basic ingredients like flank steak, spices, lime juice & olive oil plus some extra toppings if desired like guacamole or pico de gallo salsa.
Get creative with this recipe – serve up tacos filled with carne asada & lettuce wraps smothered in guacamole!
With these simple tips in mind, you’ll soon be producing the perfect air fryer carne asadas every time!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.