Toaster strudels are a beloved snack that’s been enjoyed by families all over the world since its debut in the early 90s.
They’re great straight out of the box, but what if you could make your own homemade toaster strudels?
That’s right, you can make your own delicious Air Fryer toaster strudels from scratch at home! Let’s take a look at how it’s done.
How Do I Make Homemade Air Fryer Toaster Strudels?
Here is a step-by-step guide on making air fryer toaster strudels:
1. Ingredients and Supplies Needed
The first thing you need for homemade toaster strudels is the ingredients and supplies.
You will need puff pastry, butter, sugar, apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, orange juice or apple cider vinegar, and a pastry brush. You can also use other fruits if you prefer; peaches or berries would be delicious too!
Make sure to get everything prepped before you start making your toaster strudels.
2. Optional Toppings:
- Honey/Maple Syrup
- Whipped Cream/Ice Cream
- Jam or Fruit Preserves
- Chocolate Chips or Chocolate Syrup
- Cinnamon and Sugar Mix.
3. Making the Filling
Once you have everything ready to go it’s time to make your filling.
- Start by melting the butter in a pan over medium heat and adding in the sugar and cinnamon. Stir until the mixture is well combined.
- Then add in your apples (or other fruit) and cook until they are soft but still firm enough that they don’t fall apart when cooked again in the oven later on.
- Add in a little bit of orange juice or apple cider vinegar and stir until it’s all combined.
- Allow this mixture to cool while you prepare your puff pastry dough.
4. Preparing Your Puff Pastry Dough
- Cut two sheets of puff pastry into rectangles about 3 inches wide by 4 inches long each and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spread about 1-2 tablespoons of your cooled filling onto each rectangle of puff pastry dough leaving about half an inch on each side for sealing them up later on.
- Brush some melted butter around the edges of both rectangles then fold them together so that they overlap slightly like an envelope – press down firmly on all sides so that they stick together when baked.
- Score lightly across both diagonally with a sharp knife then brush some more melted butter over top before baking according to package instructions or until golden brown and puffed up nicely (usually 15 minutes at 400F).
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350°F.
2. Spray your air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Place the frozen Toaster Strudel in the air fryer basket in a single layer so that each pastry is spread out evenly.
4. Sprinkle the ground cinnamon over the top of the strudels if desired.
5. Cook for 8 minutes until golden brown and crispy on the outside.
6. Serve warm with any desired toppings and enjoy!
How Do I Store Leftover Air Fryer Toaster Strudel?
Let’s answer all these questions and more about Air Fryer Toaster Strudel storage.
1. Storing Unbaked Toaster Strudel
If you have unused, unbaked Toaster Strudels in your freezer, they can be stored there until you are ready to bake them.
It is best to keep them in their original package as this will help protect them from freezer burn and accidental thawing if your freezer should malfunction.
Storing your unbaked Toaster Strudels this way will ensure that they remain fresh and tasty when you are finally ready to bake them.
2. Refrigerating Baked Toaster Strudel
If you have any baked Toaster Strudels left over, it is best to refrigerate them right away.
This will slow down the growth of bacteria that could cause food poisoning or spoilage.
Place the leftover strudels in an airtight container or wrap each one individually in foil or plastic wrap before storing them in the refrigerator.
Your leftovers should be consumed within two days of refrigeration for maximum freshness and safety.
3. Freezing Baked Toaster Strudel
Leftover baked strudels can also be frozen for long-term storage.
Wrap each strudel individually in aluminum foil or plastic wrap before placing it in a resealable bag or airtight container.
Placing each strudel separately will help prevent them from sticking together and make individual servings easier when needed.
When stored properly, leftover strudels can last up to 3 months when frozen, although eating sooner is always preferred!
What to Serve With Air Fryer Toaster Strudels?
Here are some creative recipes that will make your toaster strudel the centerpiece of any meal.
1. Side Dishes
To create a balanced meal, it’s important to serve something on the side.
The good news is there are plenty of options for side dishes that pair perfectly with an air fryer toaster strudel. For example, roasted vegetables are always a great choice because they’re quick and easy to make.
Simply toss your favorite vegetables in olive oil, salt, and pepper and roast them in the air fryer at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until they’re tender and lightly browned. You can also add herbs or spices if you prefer more flavor.
What better way to finish off your meal than with a delicious dessert?
An air fryer is perfect for baking all kinds of desserts from cakes and cookies to pies and tarts.
For example, try making a classic apple pie with cinnamon sugar topping in the air fryer for an indulgent treat that pairs perfectly with an air fryer toaster strudel!
All you need is store-bought pie crust (or homemade if you prefer) filled with apples tossed with sugar and cinnamon; then bake it in the preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until golden brown (about 25 minutes).
Serve it warm out of the oven with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream for maximum deliciousness!
What Is the Best Air Fryer to Make Air Fryer Toaster Strudels?
When it comes to choosing the right air fryer for making Toaster Strudels, there are three main types you should consider: convection ovens, countertop models, and deep-fryers.
- Convection ovens use circulating hot air which makes them ideal for baking cakes or roasting vegetables.
- Countertop models are smaller and lighter than convection ovens but still provide plenty of cooking space for larger items such as chicken breasts or fish fillets.
- Lastly, deep-fryers are great for making deep-fried snacks like French fries or onion rings but they may require more oil than other models due to their size and shape.
Which Is Best For Making Toaster Strudels?
The best type of air fryer for making Toaster Strudels will depend on your needs and preferences.
If you’re looking for something that’s easy to use and doesn’t require much cleanup afterward then a countertop model might be your best option.
On the other hand, if you need something with more cooking space then you might want to go with a convection oven or deep-fryer instead.
Ultimately, it all depends on what type of dishes you plan on making in your air fryer most often!
Expert Tips on Making Air Fryer Toaster Strudels:
- Lay the toaster strudels in a single layer. You can make multiple toaster strudels at one time in the air fryer as long as they are able to lie in a flat layer without overlapping. This will ensure even cooking and maximum crispness on all sides of your toaster strudel.
- Don’t thaw the toaster strudels first. The frozen toaster strudels should go straight from the freezer to the air fryer. Don’t let them thaw first otherwise they will become soggy and won’t get that crispy texture you’re looking for.
- Air fryers vary slightly in their cooking time. Different brands of air fryers will vary slightly in their cooking time and temperature, so it’s important to check your specific model’s instructions before diving into your recipe.
- Use the preheat function if you have it. I find using the preheat function of the air fryer cooks the toaster strudels more evenly and predictably than without preheating, so it’s worth taking that extra step before getting started!
Making homemade toaster strudels is easier than you might think!
All it takes is some simple ingredients like puff pastry, butter, sugar spices, apples (or whatever fruit you choose), and orange juice/apple cider vinegar plus a few basic kitchen tools like a pan for cooking your filling and parchment paper for lining your baking sheet before cooking in the oven according to package directions or until golden brown – voila!
Homemade air fryer toaster strudels! Enjoy as-is or warm with some vanilla ice cream – either way these homemade treats are sure to satisfy any sweet tooth craving! Happy baking!
Air Fryer Toaster Strudels are delicious snacks that can be enjoyed any time of day. With just a few simple ingredients they come together quickly without much fuss.
And when it comes time to decide what else you should serve along with them there are plenty of options!
With these tips in mind, you’re ready to jump into making delicious air-fried treats like Toaster Strudel! Whether you’re a pro chef or just getting started with baking and cooking, an air fryer is an appliance that can help get yummy meals on your plate quickly and easily with minimal mess and cleanup required! So give it a try today – you won’t be disappointed!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.