If you’re looking for an easy, delicious way to cook up ham steaks, look no further than your air fryer!
Ham steaks are a great option for a quick weeknight meal, but they can be tricky to cook. Fortunately, the air fryer is here to save the day.
Keep reading to find out how to make a ham steak in an air fryer more delicious!
How To Cook A Ham Steak In An Air Fryer?
Making a ham steak in the air fryer is easy and fast.
- To start, all you need is a good-quality ham steak and some seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic powder, etc.).
- Then, preheat your air fryer to 375°F for 3-5 minutes.
- Once preheated, spray your air fryer basket with cooking oil spray or lightly brush it with olive oil.
- Place your ham steak into the basket and season it with salt and pepper (or any other seasonings of your choice).
- Next, set the temperature to 350°F and set the timer for 8 minutes. After 8 minutes have passed, check on your ham steak.
- If you want it crispier, continue cooking until desired texture is reached (it usually takes about 12-15 minutes total cooking time).
- Once done, remove from the air fryer and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
How Does Air Fryer Ham Steak Taste?
Air fryer ham steak is tender, juicy, and full of flavor. The air fryer helps to lock in the natural juices of the ham, making it incredibly flavorful.
Plus, you can season your ham steaks however you like for a unique and delicious meal.
Air fryer ham steak pairs well with all kinds of sides such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or even a green salad.
Does Air Fryer Ham Steak Need to Be Flipped in Air Fryer?
No, flipping the ham steaks in the air fryer is not necessary.
The air fryer’s hot circulating air will cook both sides of the steak evenly and thoroughly.
However, if you’d like to flip your ham steak halfway through cooking to ensure even cooking, feel free to do so.
What Are Different Ways You Can Season the Air Fryer Ham Steaks?
We’ll explore some of the different ways you can flavor your air fryer ham steak so that it packs even more flavor into each bite.
1. A Classic Rub for a Delicious Meal
The classic way to season an air fryer ham steak is with a rub made from a mixture of spices.
You can find pre-made rubs at your local grocery store or make your own using the following ingredients: garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, dried oregano, black pepper, and sea salt.
Simply combine all the spices in a bowl and stir until they are well mixed.
Then rub the mixture onto both sides of the ham steak before placing it in the air fryer.
The flavors will permeate throughout the meat as it cooks for an amazing taste sensation!
2. Marinades for Maximum Flavor
Another great way to season an air fryer ham steak is with a marinade. A marinade is basically just any combination of liquids like wine or juice that helps keep food moist while also adding flavor.
You can make your own marinade using olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic clove, fresh rosemary sprigs, and freshly ground black pepper.
Simply whisk all these ingredients together in a bowl and then pour over the ham steaks in a shallow dish before cooking them in the air fryer.
The marinade will give your steaks plenty of flavor without overpowering them!
2. Fresh Herbs and Spices For Added Aroma
If you want an extra burst of flavor with your air fryer ham steak then try adding some freshly chopped herbs or spices to it before cooking!
Some great options include parsley, dill, chives, thyme, cilantro, and basil.
Just sprinkle them over both sides of the steak and let them sit for about 15 minutes before cooking in the air fryer for maximum effect!
The herbs will add an amazing aroma as well as taste to your meal that you won’t soon forget!
Is Cooking Ham Steak in an Air Fryer Healthy?
Cooking your ham steak in an air fryer is a great way to make it healthier.
Air frying uses less oil than traditional methods of cooking, which makes it much better for you.
Additionally, the air fryer helps lock in the natural juices of the meat so that you get all the flavor without having to use unhealthy fats or oils.
Overall, air fryer ham steak is a delicious, healthy way to enjoy this classic cut of meat. With the right seasoning and cooking techniques, you can create a meal that everyone in your family will love!
Does Cooking Ham Steak in an Air Fryer Need Oil?
No, air fryer ham steak does not need oil. The air fryer circulates hot, dry air to cook the steak evenly and thoroughly without the need for added fats or oils.
This makes it a healthier option when compared to traditional methods of cooking such as pan frying.
Plus, you’ll still get all the flavor from the steak itself without the need for added fats or oils.
All you need to do is season your steaks with herbs and spices and then pop them in the air fryer!
What Can Be Served With Air Fryer Ham Steak?
Air fryer ham steak can be served with a variety of side dishes, depending on your tastes.
Some great options include roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, couscous, quinoa, and a fresh salad. You can also serve it alongside your favorite sauces or condiments for an extra burst of flavor!
No matter what you choose to serve with your air fryer ham steak, you’ll have a delicious, healthy meal that’s sure to please.
How Do I Reheat Ham Steak in an Air Fryer?
Reheating ham steak in an air fryer is simple and easy.
- First, preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Then, place your ham steak into the air fryer basket or tray and cook for 8-10 minutes, flipping it halfway through cooking. When finished, let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
- If you want to add a bit of flavor, brush the steak with some melted butter or olive oil before cooking. This will help to keep it moist and juicy while also adding some great flavor.
Enjoy your air fryer ham steak!
What Temperature Should I Cook Ham Steak in an Air Fryer?
The temperature for cooking ham steak in an air fryer should be 400°F. This will help ensure that the steak is cooked through without drying out.
If you want to add a bit of extra flavor or crunch, you can also increase the time and/or temperature slightly.
Just be sure not to overcook it though, as it can dry out quickly.
Some Expert Tips To Cook The Perfect Ham Steak in an Air Fryer:
- When cooking in an air fryer it’s important to remember that not all ingredients will cook at the same rate.
- For example, if you’re cooking multiple pieces of meat at once you may need to adjust the cooking time accordingly so that everything cooks evenly without burning or drying out.
- Additionally, always keep a close eye on what’s going on inside your air fryer as this will help prevent any food from getting over or undercooked.
Cooking ham steaks in an air fryer is a great way to get dinner on the table quickly without sacrificing taste or texture!
It only takes about 12-15 minutes total cooking time depending on how crispy you like your meat cooked – making them perfect for busy weeknights when time is of the essence!
Plus, with just a few simple ingredients needed and minimal clean-up afterward – what’s not to love?
No matter how you choose to season it up – whether with rubs or marinades – there is no doubt that an air fryer ham steak is sure to be delicious!
So don’t be afraid to experiment with different combinations of herbs and spices – you might just discover something new that will become part of everyone’s favorite dinner menu rotation!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.