Steak fingers are a classic comfort food, and they are even more delicious when cooked in an air fryer.
Air fryers are a great way to make steak fingers because they cook quickly and evenly, giving the steak a crispy, golden-brown crust.
Best of all, since the steak is cooked without oil or butter, it is both healthier and tastier than traditional fried steak!
Let’s take a look at how to cook, store and reheat air fryer steak fries.
- 1 How to Cook Air Fryer Steak Fingers?
- 2 Which Meat Is Best to Cook Air Fryer Steak Fingers?
- 3 Are Steak Fingers Better on a Pan or an Air Fryer?
- 4 What’s the Best Way to Tenderize Air Fryer Steak Fingers?
- 5 Reheating Steak Fingers in an Air Fryer:
- 6 How to Serve Air Fryer Steak Fingers?
- 7 Best Dipping Sauce for Air Fryer Steak Fingers:
- 8 How to Store Air Fryer Steak Fingers?
- 9 Best Tips To Cook Air Fryer Steak Fries:
- 10 Conclusion:
How to Cook Air Fryer Steak Fingers?
Here’s how to make air fryer steak fingers:
1. Preparing the Steak Fingers
The first step in making air fryer steak fingers is to prepare the ingredients.
The most important ingredient is obviously the steak itself; you will need:
- 2 pounds of boneless sirloin cut into thin strips
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper.
- 2 eggs and ¼ cup of milk for coating the steak strips before they go in the air fryer.
2. Cooking the Steak Fingers
Once all your ingredients are prepared, it’s time to cook.
- Start by preheating your air fryer to 390°F/200°C.
- Next combine the flour with paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl and mix until everything is well combined.
- In another shallow bowl whisk together eggs and milk until they are well blended.
- Working with one strip at a time dredge each strip through the seasoned flour mixture then dip them into the egg mixture before dredging them once again through the seasoned flour mixture making sure each piece is fully coated with flour on both sides.
- Put each coated piece onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray or lightly greased with oil.
- Continue this process until all pieces are coated with the flour mixture.
- Spray each piece generously with cooking spray or lightly brush them with oil on both sides before putting them into an air fryer basket in single layers (you may have to do two batches).
- Cook for 8-10 minutes flipping halfway through cooking time until golden brown on both sides.
- When done remove from the basket onto a plate lined with paper towels that can absorb some extra fat from frying if needed (I didn’t have any extra fat so I skipped this step).
Serve warm alongside some dipping sauce if desired (ranch dressing would be perfect here!). Enjoy!
Which Meat Is Best to Cook Air Fryer Steak Fingers?
When it comes to beef, there are many different cuts available, from sirloin to ribeye and beyond.
When using an air fryer, the best cut of beef for steak fingers is top sirloin. Top sirloin has enough fat marbling that it won’t dry out during cooking, but not so much fat that it will be greasy or fatty when cooked.
This makes top sirloin the ideal choice for creating juicy, tender steak fingers in an air fryer.
– Other Cuts of Meat:
Not a fan of beef? You can also make delicious steak fingers with other types of meat as well.
Pork is a great alternative, and pork chops work especially well in an air fryer. The same goes for chicken breasts or thighs—just be sure to use boneless cuts so they cook evenly and quickly in the hot air of the air fryer.
And if you’re really feeling adventurous, you can even try your hand at making vegan “steak” fingers with textured vegetable protein (TVP).
Are Steak Fingers Better on a Pan or an Air Fryer?
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of each method to determine which one is right for you.
1. Using a Pan
The traditional way to cook steak fingers is in a pan. This method takes longer than using an air fryer because you have to heat up the oil before adding your steak fingers, but it also allows you to control the temperature more precisely.
You can also add additional flavors such as garlic and herbs to your cooking oil, which will add even more flavor to your steak fingers.
The downside is that it requires more cleanup afterward due to the mess created by splattering hot oil.
2. Using an Air Fryer
Air fryers are becoming increasingly popular due to their convenience and ease of use.
To make steak fingers in an air fryer, all you need to do is preheat the appliance and then place your steak fingers inside with some oil or butter. This cuts down on prep time significantly, as well as reduces cleanup afterward since there’s no splattering of hot oil involved.
However, air fryers can’t achieve quite as high temperatures as pans can, so if you like your steak fingers extra crispy then this may not be the best option for you.
What’s the Best Way to Tenderize Air Fryer Steak Fingers?
The best way to tenderize steak fingers in an air fryer is by marinating them beforehand. Marinating your air fryer steak fingers in a mixture of oil and seasonings can help break down the tough proteins found in beef and make them more tender.
Alternatively, you could also try pounding or scoring the meat with a knife prior to cooking for similar results.
Finally, keep in mind that you should always let your steak fingers rest after cooking so they can reabsorb the juices released during cooking—this will also help ensure they stay tender and juicy!
Reheating Steak Fingers in an Air Fryer:
Reheating steak fingers in an air fryer is a quick and easy way to get them crispy and hot again.
All you need to do is preheat your air fryer, spray some oil on the steak fingers, then place them inside for about 2-3 minutes.
Be sure not to overcrowd the basket as this will prevent the air from circulating evenly and cause them to cook unevenly.
How to Serve Air Fryer Steak Fingers?
Air fryer steak fingers are a great appetizer or side dish for any meal. They can be served with a variety of dipping sauces or condiments, such as ranch dressing or ketchup.
Steak fingers can also be paired with roasted vegetables for a balanced and complete meal.
For an added bonus, try topping your steak fingers with some grated cheese for an extra cheesy kick.
Best Dipping Sauce for Air Fryer Steak Fingers:
1. The Perfect Pairing: BBQ Sauce
When it comes to steak fingers, you can’t go wrong with a classic barbecue sauce.
The tartness of the tomato complements the savory flavors of the beef, while the sweetness and smokiness add just enough complexity to take your taste buds on a flavorful journey.
If you want something a little more adventurous, try adding some diced onion or garlic for extra zest.
2. A Touch of Heat: Spicy Honey Mustard
For those who like their food with a kick, spicy honey mustard is an excellent choice for dipping sauce.
The sweetness from the honey helps balance out the heat from the mustard, creating an irresistible flavor combination that will have you wanting more.
Plus, it adds just enough heat without being too overwhelming—so even those who don’t like spicy food can enjoy it!
3. Mix It Up: Ranch Dressing
If you’re looking for something different but still crave that creamy texture and rich flavor that only ranch dressing can provide, then this one’s for you!
The mildness of ranch makes it perfect for pairing with steak fingers; its subtle flavor won’t overpower the dish while also providing enough richness to bring out all of its unique notes.
Plus, if you want to add some extra oomph try stirring in some diced peppers or jalapenos before serving!
How to Store Air Fryer Steak Fingers?
To store air fryer steak fingers, allow them to cool completely before transferring them to an airtight container.
Place the container in the refrigerator and they should stay fresh for up to 4 days. If desired, you can also freeze pre-cooked steak fingers for up to 3 months.
When ready to serve, simply thaw overnight in the fridge and reheat in the air fryer as desired.
Best Tips To Cook Air Fryer Steak Fries:
No matter what type of meat you choose, there are some tips and tricks you can use to ensure your steak fingers turn out perfectly every time.
- First off, be sure to season your steak fingers before placing them in the air fryer basket—a simple mix of salt, pepper, and garlic powder will do nicely!
- You should also preheat your air fryer before adding the steak fingers; this will help ensure they cook evenly and get crispy on the outside without drying out on the inside.
- Finally, remember to flip them halfway through cooking so both sides get cooked thoroughly.
Air Fryer Steak Fingers are a delicious way to enjoy classic comfort food without sacrificing flavor or health benefits!
With just a few simple steps you can whip up these tasty treats in no time—all thanks to your trusty air fryer!
So don’t wait any longer: gather up your ingredients and get ready for an unforgettable culinary experience! Bon appétit!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.