If you love the taste of pepperoni, but want something a little lighter than traditional pizza, then air fryer pepperoni chips are the perfect snack for you.
Not only are they crunchy and flavorful, but they’re also incredibly easy to make!
All you need is some pepperoni slices, an air fryer, and a few minutes of your time. Here’s how to make pepperoni chips in an air fryer.
How To Make Pepperoni Chips in an Air Fryer?
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make pepperoni chips in an air fryer:
Step One: Preparing Your Ingredients
The most important step in making pepperoni chips is prepping your ingredients.
- Start by gathering up at least 10 slices of pepperoni for every serving size you want to make.
- If you can’t find sliced pepperoni, you can always buy a block of it and slice it yourself with a knife or food processor.
- Once that’s done, preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and let it get hot before putting the chips in.
Step Two: Adding the Pepperoni Chips
- Once your air fryer is preheated and ready to go, add the sliced pepperoni into the basket a few pieces at a time.
- Make sure not to overcrowd the air fryer basket as this will prevent them from getting crispy.
- Once all of the chips are in the basket, turn down the temperature to 375 degrees and set a timer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes have passed, check on your chips; if they aren’t crisped enough yet, leave them in for another minute or two until they reach desired crispness.
Step Three: Finishing Touches
Once your chips are nice and crispy (but not burnt!), remove them from the basket and let them cool for about five minutes before transferring them onto a plate or bowl for snacking purposes.
You can enjoy these delicious snacks on their own or sprinkle some parmesan cheese over them for extra flavor!
Air Fryer Pepperoni Chips With Cheese:
If you want to take your pepperoni chips to the next level, add some freshly grated parmesan cheese into the mix. Since Parmesan has a bold flavor, it pairs perfectly with the peppery taste of the chips.
– To Make These Cheesy Chips:
- Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees F and add in your slices of pepperoni.
- Then top them with the grated Parmesan cheese and set a timer for 5 minutes.
- After the timer is done, you’ll have delicious air fryer pepperoni chips with cheese that are perfect for snacking or as an appetizer!
Air Fryer Pepperoni Rolls:
Another great way to enjoy pepperoni chips is by rolling them up into a delicious snack or appetizer. All you need for this recipe are some slices of pepperoni, an air fryer, and some toothpicks!
- Start by preheating your air fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Then take a few of the slices of pepperoni and roll them up around a toothpick.
- Place the rolled pepperoni into the air fryer basket and set a timer for 5 minutes.
Once they’re finished cooking, you’ll have delicious air fryer pepperoni rolls that are perfect for dipping in marinara sauce or even just enjoying on their own!
How Do You Keep Pepperoni from Flying off in an Air Fryer?
If you’re having trouble keeping the pepperoni from flying off in your air fryer, make sure to use a lower temperature and cook for a shorter time.
Also, line the basket with parchment paper or aluminum foil before adding your chips. This will help keep them in place and prevent them from flying around.
How To Store Air Fryer Pepperoni Chips?
Let’s explore some tips and tricks on how to store air fryer pepperoni chips so they stay fresh and tasty!
1. Refrigerating Air Fryer Pepperoni Chips
If you plan on storing your air fryer pepperoni chips for more than a few days, it is a good idea to refrigerate them. This will help keep the chips from going stale too quickly and also prevent bacteria from growing on them.
When storing in the refrigerator, make sure that the container or bag is tightly sealed so no air can get in. This will help preserve the crispness of the chips and maintain their flavor for longer periods of time.
2. Freezing Air Fryer Pepperoni Chips
If you want your pepperoni chips to last even longer, freezing them is another option worth considering. It’s important to note that freezing your chips won’t affect their taste or texture but rather just extend their shelf life significantly (up to 3 months).
To freeze your air fryer pepperoni chips, simply transfer them into a freezer-safe container or bag before placing them into the freezer.
When you are ready to eat the chips, just let them thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating them in an air fryer for optimal results.
- Once the pepperoni chips are cooked, they will be exceptionally thin and must be taken off the pan with a spatula. Handle them delicately as you do not want to break any!
- To reduce any grease, place pepperoni chips on top of a layer of paper towel and allow them to dry out.
- Once your chips have had time to cool, they will be even more crisp and crunchy than before! If cooking for a crowd, use an air fryer in batches, pepperoni should always be in a single layer to cook evenly
Making homemade pepperoni chips has never been easier thanks to air fryers! With these instructions, you can whip up a batch of crispy, flavorful snacks that everyone will love in just minutes!
What’s more—they’re healthier than traditional fried peppers since there’s no deep-frying involved!
Storing your air fryer pepperoni chips correctly is key if you want them to remain as fresh as possible for longer periods of time.
Make sure that when cooling down after cooking, you transfer your batch of pepperoni chips into an airtight container or resealable plastic bag before storing them in either the refrigerator or freezer depending on how long they will be stored for.
Following these steps should help keep your batch of delicious crispy snacks tastier for much longer! Enjoy!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.