If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to cook beef neck bones, then a pressure cooker is the way to go. Beef neck bones are a great source of protein and can be cooked in a variety of ways, but using a pressure cooker is the quickest and easiest method. This article will share how to cook beef neck bones in a pressure cooker.
- 1 How To Cook Beef Neck Bones In Pressure Cooker?
- 2 Benefits Of Beef Neck Bone
- 3 Tips On How To Cook Beef Neck Bones In Pressure Cooker
- 4 How To Cook Beef Neck Bones Soup In Pressure Cooker
- 5 How Long Does It Take To Cook Beef Neck Bone?
- 6 How To Cook Beef Neck Bones In Pressure Cooker – Conclusions
How To Cook Beef Neck Bones In Pressure Cooker?
The beef neck is not a commonly used cut, but it is delicious and intensely flavored. It is a good option for those who are looking for an economical way to add more beef to their diet. The beef neck bones can be used in soups, stews, and braised dishes.
Since beef neck has a high cartilage content, it takes longer to cook as you are cooking it slowly in liquid to get it perfectly tender and falling off the bones.
Before cooking beef neck bones, it’s important to clean them properly. This means removing any excess fat or meat and cutting off any gristle or bone fragments. You can do this by using a sharp knife or cleaver.
Once you’ve cleaned the beef neck bones, it’s time to cook them. There are a few ways to cook beef neck bones in a pressure cooker but first gather all the ingredients:
- 1 ½ pound beef neck bones, or more to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups beef broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 onion, sliced into long pieces
Now let’s look at the recipe:
1. Preheat The Cooker
Clean the pressure cooker to remove dust then place it on the stove and turn on the fire. Now, add the clean beef neck bones and let them warm up for 5 minutes.
2. Sprinkle Spices Onto The Beef Neck Bones
Now, sprinkle the cumin, allspice, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and salt over the beef neck bones. Stir it well.
3. Coat The Beef Neck Bones
In a bowl or a bag, coat the beef neck bones with the flour then shake off any excess.
4. Cook Till Brown
Heat the olive oil in a pressure cooker over medium heat. Add the garlic and let it cook until fragrant before adding the coated beef neck bones. Cook until both sides are browned.
5. Pour Beef Broth
Pour the beef broth into the pressure cooker then add the onion slices. Stir it well.
6. Lock The Lid
Now, lock the lid of the pressure cooker in place and turn up the heat to high. When the cooker reaches full pressure, reduce the heat to medium-low and let it cook for 30 minutes.
7. Release The Lid
After 30 minutes, release the pressure slowly by turning the knob on the lid to the “Venting” position. Be very careful as hot steam will escape.
8. Serve Cooked Beef Neck Bone From Pressure Cooker
Once the pressure has been released, remove the lid and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Benefits Of Beef Neck Bone
There are many benefits to eating beef neck bones.
- They are a great source of protein and can help you meet your daily protein needs.
- Beef neck bones are also a good source of iron, which is essential for carrying oxygen in the blood.
- Additionally, beef neck bones are a good source of phosphorus, which is necessary for healthy bones and teeth.
- Finally, beef neck bones are a good source of vitamin B12, which is necessary for red blood cell production.
Tips On How To Cook Beef Neck Bones In Pressure Cooker
Now that you know how to cook beef neck bones in a pressure cooker, here are a few tips to help you get the best results:
- Cut the beef neck bones into small pieces before cooking to help them cook evenly.
- Add beef neck bones to soups, stews, and braised dishes.
- Beef neck bones have a high cartilage content, so they take longer to cook than other cuts of beef.
- Use a pressure cooker to cook beef neck bones quickly and easily.
- Clean the beef neck bones before cooking to remove any excess fat or meat.
- If you want to add more flavor to the dish, you can brown the beef neck bones in a separate pan before adding them to the pressure cooker.
- You can also add other vegetables to the dish, such as carrots, celery, or potatoes.
- If you want a thicker stew, you can add some tomato paste to the dish.
- For a spicier dish, you can increase the number of red pepper flakes.
- If you want a more mild dish, you can omit the red pepper flakes altogether.
How To Cook Beef Neck Bones Soup In Pressure Cooker
This recipe for soul food style pork beef neck bones will give you tender, fall-of-the-bone meat that’s flavorful, succulent, and juicy. It’s pressure cooked in a flavorful broth with vegetables until the meat is meltingly tender. Let’s look at the ingredients first:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound beef neck bones, cut into small pieces
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- A bay leaf
- Preheat the pressure cooker
- Add beef neck bones and cook till it’s light brown
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic, onion, carrots, celery, beef neck bones, salt, black pepper, thyme, and bay leaf. Cook until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the beef broth and water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the potato and green beans and cook for 15 minutes more, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the bay leaf and thyme sprigs before serving. Enjoy!
How Long Does It Take To Cook Beef Neck Bone?
It usually takes about an hour to cook beef neck bones in a pressure cooker, but this can vary depending on the size and thickness of the beef neck bones. It’s important to check the beef neck bones periodically to make sure they are cooked through.
If they are not cooked through, you can cook them for a few minutes longer. Once the beef neck bones are cooked, you can remove them from the pressure cooker and serve them immediately.
How To Cook Beef Neck Bones In Pressure Cooker – Conclusions
Cooking beef neck bones in a pressure cooker is a quick and easy way to get them tender and falling off the bone. The spices used in this recipe give the dish a flavorful kick, and the beef broth adds richness and depth of flavor. So if you’re looking for an economical, delicious, and easy-to-follow recipe for beef neck bones, then look no further than this one! Enjoy!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.