Have you ever considered buying a deep fryer for your convenience? If yes, then you should go through the recommendations for the best deep fryers under 200 to choose a deep fryer that has all the features you want.
All deep fryers are different and fulfill different needs. Choosing one without knowing about all of them will be difficult even will make you regret your choice. This article contains all features of the public recommended deep fryers with prominent features.
We found the best deep fryers under 200 for crispy fries, chicken, and onion rings. So you can choose the best one for your family gathering meals.
- 1 Types Of Oils Suitable For A Deep Fryer
- 2 10 Best Deep Fryers Under 200 – Features Review
- 3 1. Presto ProFry 05466 Deep Fryer
- 4 2. Kalorik XL 4.0L Deep Fryer
- 5 3. VIVOHOME Turkey Fryer
- 6 4. Bayou Classic B159
- 7 5. T-Fal FR8000 Deep Fryer with Basket
- 8 6. The Stark USA Deluxe 30 Qt.
- 9 7. King Kooker 1265BF3
- 10 8. King Kooker 1618 16-Inch
- 11 9. Presto 05411 GranPappy
- 12 10. Bioexcel Taco Cart Two Tank Deep Fryer
- 13 Buying Guide For Best Deep Fryer Under 200
Types Of Oils Suitable For A Deep Fryer
Before you purchase a deep fryer, you must know what type of oil is best to use in it. The three oils that are most commonly used in deep fryers are vegetable oil, canola oil, and peanut oil. Each of these oils has its own unique set of benefits and drawbacks.
1. Vegetable Oil
Vegetable oil is the most commonly used type of oil for deep frying. It is a low-cost oil that has a high smoke point, which means it can be heated to a high temperature without smoking or burning.
This makes it a good choice for deep frying foods. However, vegetable oil is not as healthy as other types of oils and can contribute to the development of heart disease and other chronic health conditions.
2. Canola Oil
Canola oil is a type of vegetable oil that is high in monounsaturated fats and low in saturated fats. This makes it a healthier choice than other types of vegetable oils.
It has a high smoke point, making it a good choice for deep frying foods. However, canola oil is more expensive than other types of oils.
3. Peanut Oil
Peanut oil is another type of oil that is high in monounsaturated fats and low in saturated fats. It has a high smoke point and a mild flavor, making it a good choice for frying foods.
However, peanut oil is a higher-cost oil than other types of oils.
Which type of oil you choose to use in your deep fryer is up to you. However, it is important to choose an oil that has a high smoke point so that it will not smoke or burn when heated to a high temperature.
10 Best Deep Fryers Under 200 – Features Review
When it comes to finding the best deep fryers under 200, there are a few factors you need to take into account. The size of the fryer, the features it offers, and how easy it is to clean all play a role in determining which one is right for you.
Professional-style deep fryer with dual baskets for easy at-home frying. Dual oblong-shaped baskets fry 2 foods at once. Big 12-cup food capacity for frying extra-large batches. Oblong-shaped baskets fit large pieces of chicken or fish.
1800-watt immersion element assures quick preheating and fast oil temperature recovery. Spatter-shield cover helps to reduce spattering. Extra-large enameled pot and fry/steam basket enable fryer to steam and boil too.
The heating element and frying baskets nest inside the pot for compact storage. The adjustable thermostat has a signal light that indicates when the oil is ready for frying.
- It has a lot of space to cook a feast as well.
- You can assemble and clean it easily.
- It can heat the oil within 3 minutes.
- Some users reported that it takes a good amount of oil to cook for a big family, and pouring and straining the oil can be messy.
- A user stated that the handles on the baskets come off too often. A real problem is when you are trying to retrieve your fried food.
The Kalorik XL 4.0L Deep Fryer is the ideal kitchen appliance for frying food at home. The deep fryer features a large capacity and keeps oil cleaner for longer, thanks to its innovative filtration system.
This allows you to reuse oil for up to 3 months, saving time and money by reusing filtered oil.
The fryer’s unique design includes an outer casing with a convenient store-away container that catches excess oil during frying, keeping your kitchen clean and tidy!
Conveniently serves up to 18 cups of fried food (4.0L), making it perfect for larger gatherings. The Kalorik XL 4.0L Deep Fryer comes with a removable fry basket, lid, and inner pot that are all dishwasher safe for easy cleanup.
- This unit marked the minimum and maximum oil requirements. So you don’t overfill the unit.
- Its removable parts make it so easy to clean and they can be washed in a dishwasher. They are easy to assemble as well.
- The oil filter works well to filter the oil for reuse.
- The basket has a hook in the basket to drain the extra oil in the food. But the problem is the basket just stays in the hot oil even if you hook up the basket.
- The drain system in this unit is very slow yet if you are not alert it can cause oil steam on your counter.
This VIVOHOME turkey fryer can both fry food and cook food. The 12 inches long probe thermometer measures from 100 to 750 ℉, ensuring that your food is cooked to the appropriate temperature. The injector can inject the prepared sauce into the turkey to intensify flavors, making every bite juicy and tender.
The powerful burner can output max.54,000 total BTU heat, which heats quickly, outputs steady and consistent gas flow, and can maintain temperature. This cast iron burner is equipped with a 10 PSI pressure regulator so you can cook your food to perfection.
The VIVOHOME turkey Fryer is a large capacity, portable fryer that can be used for cooking chicken and fish as well. It features an aluminum pot with a lid and a basket. The burner is made of black painted steel and has a triangle base which provides stability to the unit.
The fryer comes with 2 handles on both sides which makes it easier to move around while cooking or transporting the food. The steamer basket allows you to steam vegetables while frying meat in the same pot; thus saving time, energy, and money. The VIVOHOME Turkey Fryer is a great investment for your outdoor cooking needs.
- It is easy to assemble, set up, and use.
- Its safeguard fence helps the pot to stay stable on it.
- The probe thermometer is very useful to maintain the temperature according to the requirement of the food you are cooking.
- It doesn’t have smart temperature control.
- Some users reported that the basket given along with the fryer is not useful.
The Bayou Classic B159 Outdoor Fish Cooker is a great choice for anyone who loves to cook outdoors. It comes with everything you need to get started, including an 8.5-quart cast iron fry pot, perforated aluminum basket, and 360-degree windscreen protection. The high-pressure burner and adjustable regulator ensure that your food will be cooked just the way you like it, and the welded steel frame provides durability and stability.
The Bayou Classic B159 Fish Cooker is a durable cast iron burner that can be used for a variety of cooking activities, including camping, RVing, tailgating, and backyard parties. The high-output design allows you to fry chicken, and french fries; cook jambalaya, gumbo, chili; and so much more.
- It has a quality dutch oven and lid.
- Burner stand is substantial and safe it is not too tall or not too short.
- The basket and handle are very adequate.
- It is not for large pots because of the burner’s frame diameter.
- It doesn’t have a timer installed in it.
A T-Fal deep fryer is a perfect addition to your kitchen. It has a huge 2.65-pound food capacity, which means you can cook more at once and feed the whole family. The T-Fal Deep Fryer features an EZ Clean oil filtration system that makes it easy to dispose of used cooking oil and its convenient filter funnel allows you to fill it from any angle.
The T-Fal Deep Fryer also has a basket with two positions for cooking and draining foods; handles for easy transportation and storage; dishwasher safe parts; a temperature control system that lets you regulate the cooking temperature; and a timer so you can keep track of how long your food has been frying. The T-Fal Deep Fryer with Basket requires 1 AAA battery for operation.
T-Fal Deep Fryer with Basket is designed for family-size dinners or hors d’oeuvres when entertaining. The deep fryer offers a 3.5-liter oil capacity. Appetizers, main courses, or desserts – make the classics or let your creative inspirations soar.
The powerful 1700-watt fryer’s adjustable thermostat allows for selecting the perfect cooking temperature for the specific food to be fried while its basket can be used in two different positions: handle up to cook smaller portions of food like fritters or onion rings, or detach it completely for draining freshly fried foods.
- The auto drainage system is a big convenience.
- The filter is a built-in wire mesh type.
- The plastic oil container can be washed in the dishwasher heat.
- The design has no rubber gasket on the top to get clogged with oil.
- Some users reported that while it started draining oil into the lower basket, it had a hole or leak near the lever.
Stainless Steel Deep Fryer is the perfect addition to any kitchen. This deep fryer features a removable basket with stainless steel hooks for easy draining and an oil capacity of 4 quarts. The adjustable thermostat allows you to select the temperature that best suits your needs, from 160-400 degrees Fahrenheit. The unit has a built-in on/off switch with indicator light and cord storage so it’s ready whenever you are.
It is made of steel and aluminum and has a stainless-steel lid to help you cook your food without burning it. The product is suitable for use with charcoal or propane. Additionally, the product comes with a clip so you can secure it to the side of the pot.
This kit features a round, black painted steel stand to make sure that the hot contents stay inside where they belong. This unit includes a long probe thermometer measuring from 50-500 degrees Fahrenheit to make sure that the food is cooked perfectly. It also has a timer so you can keep track of frying times.
- The propane stand is very sturdy and is able to adjust the heat as the process continued was very much appreciated.
- The aluminum and stainless steel pot make it reliable and secure for the food.
- This unit took a long time to get up the temperature.
- The pots handles are not heat-resistant.
The King Kooker Outdoor Cooker Kit is the perfect outdoor cooker for tailgating, camping, or backyard entertaining. The heavy-duty welded frame is powder-coated to prevent rusting and corrosion and includes a lid with a thermometer, basket, hook, and lifting rack.
This kit comes with two 33000 BTU cast iron burners that are adjustable up to 15000 BTUs each by use of the Adjustable Regulator with Battery Operated Timer. The unit also comes with a 29 Quart Aluminum Turkey Pot with Lid and a 24 Quart Cast Aluminum Dutch Oven with Lid.
One of the best features of this kit is the Insta-start ignition system, which allows you to start cooking with the touch of a button. The King Kooker Outdoor Cooker Kit also includes an 80” heavy-duty hose and a 10 PSI regulator.
- The timer allows the user to feel safe about the food.
- It is portable and light-weighted.
- The parts can be replaced when needed.
- The strainer doesn’t fit the larger pot nicely.
- The timer is for 15 minutes only, and there is no LED screen to tell you when the time is almost over.
King Kooker 1618 16″ tall Rectangular Propane Outdoor Cooker is ideal for family gatherings and entertaining. The convenient design of this unit allows you to easily take it from your backyard to a campsite or picnic area. It has a welded steel frame with a recessed top that provides safety and stability, as well as 4 legs for added support.
The 54,000 BTU cast burner reaches temperatures up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. This propane outdoor cooker package includes an aluminum fry pan with 2 punched aluminum baskets, which are great for cooking vegetables and other side dishes.
- The baskets makes the frying easy.
- It can be carry anywhere you go.
- It is easy to assemble.
- The oil container is made of thin metal.
- Some users reported that the product is not very stable.
Presto 05411 GranPappy can quickly fry six servings of french fries with just six cups of oil. This deep fryer has a large, easy-to-read window that shows how much oil is left so you don’t run out while frying. The GranPappy Electric Deep Fryer also has a cool-touch handle for safe handling.
The included patented scoop drains and serves food with ease, and the snap-on lid lets you store unused oil in the fryer itself. The GranPapy Electric Deep Fryer is ETL certified and has a 6:6 oil-to-food ratio that assures quick preheat time and fast oil temperature recovery for delicious deep-fried foods every time.
- It heats within 2 minutes.
- The unit is big enough to cook one batch of fries for up to 3 people.
- It is easy to clean and store after use.
- The unit doesn’t have any heat controller. The oil gets heated up quite a lot and you can’t control it.
- The frying container has no insulating layer, it’s a metal pot and it’s 400 degrees on the outside.
Bioexcel’s Taco Cart Two Tank Outdoor Deep Fryer is designed for outdoor use. It comes with two oil tanks. Each tank has its regulating knob, which makes it easier to control the heat and customize your cooking needs. A varying temperature selection display allows it to deep fry your food perfectly with this large deep fryer.
Outstanding stain resistance and cleanability are unique features of this outdoor fryer. The propane fryer’s frame material is high-quality iron. It’s dirt-resistant and easy to clean. Our large deep fryer is a perfect choice for restaurants, food trucks, catering businesses, or anyone who wants to fry delicious foods on the go.
The propane deep fryer is ideal for frying up chicken, fish, French fries, onion rings, and other delicious dishes. If you are looking for a quality and durable fryer that can handle a lot of food, then be sure to check out the Bio excel Taco Cart Two Tank Outdoor Deep Fryer.
- The rack above to allow the oil to drip back is very nice.
- It is easy to assemble.
- It is very sturdy and won’t tip over.
- Some users stated that the rack is made of thin metal which makes the food burn fast.
- It doesn’t have a lid to cover it while frying.
Buying Guide For Best Deep Fryer Under 200
When looking to buy an outdoor deep fryer, there are a few things you need to consider.
The first thing to think about is the size of the deep fryer. It depends on the food you are frying in it. If you are frying turkey then the fryer should have a large capacity oil container so the turkey can be fully dipped in the oil.
Next, consider the materials used in the construction of the fryer. Some fryers are made from stainless steel while others are made from aluminum. Both materials have their pros and cons. Stainless steel is a more durable material, but it can be heavy. Aluminum is lightweight but may not be as durable as stainless steel.
3. Heat Source
Another thing to consider is the heat source. When you are having an outdoor party then make sure the fryer is not operated by electricity. Even if it is an electric fryer then it should have charger-able batteries in it so you can heat the fryer outdoors as well.
Mostly recommended fryers for outdoor are propane deep fryers. Propane deep fryers are easy to assemble and can be used outdoors easily.
The fryer should have wheels in it so it can be moved easily. Otherwise, it should be lightweight so you can carry it anywhere you go.
Finally, think about the features you want in a deep fryer. If you want the fryer to do half of your job then chose a fryer with a timer and thermostat. The rack should be sturdy and have a wind protection wall around the flame. Consider what is important to you and then find a fryer that has those features.