Ready for a delicious, easy-to-make meal that’s sure to please? If you’re looking for a unique way to cook up some chicken sausage, then try cooking it in an air fryer!
Air frying is a great way to create tasty meals with minimal effort. Plus, this recipe only takes 15 minutes in total!
Read on to learn how to make simple and delicious chicken sausage in the air fryer.
How to Cook Chicken Sausage in the Air Fryer?
Here is a step-by-step guide to cook chicken sausage in the air fryer
1. Ingredients Needed
To get started, you’ll need the following ingredients:
• 2 chicken sausages (about 12 ounces)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• ¼ teaspoon paprika
• Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the sausages into 1-inch chunks and place them in a bow
- Drizzle the olive oil over the sausage chunks and add garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper
- Place the sausage chunks into the preheated air fryer basket
- Once cooked through, remove from the air fryer and serve immediately with your favorite sides!
Does Chicken Sausage Already Come Precooked?
No, chicken sausage does not come pre-cooked. It is important to cook your chicken sausages thoroughly before eating them.
The best way to ensure they are cooked through is by using an air fryer!
With an air fryer, you can cook the sausages in just 15 minutes and have a delicious meal ready to go.
What to Serve With Air Fryer Chicken Sausage?
Read on for some delicious side dishes that will perfectly complement chicken sausage cooked in the air fryer.
1. Roasted Vegetables
Vegetables are an excellent side dish for any meal, and they can be quickly roasted alongside your chicken sausage in the air fryer!
Try adding diced bell peppers, carrots, onions, or potatoes to your air fryer basket and cooking them with your chicken sausage.
Roasting vegetables like this bring out their natural sweetness, so you don’t need to add any additional seasoning.
Plus, roasting vegetables is a great way to get those essential vitamins and minerals into your diet.
2. Green Salad
A crisp green salad is always a welcome accompaniment to a protein-rich dish like chicken sausage.
To really take your salad up a notch, try adding some extra ingredients like sliced apples or pomegranate seeds.
Or, if you’re feeling adventurous, why not try making your own dressing with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, and dried oregano?
A simple yet tasty dressing like this will really bring out the flavor of your salad greens!
Grains are also an excellent source of complex carbohydrates and dietary fiber.
Cooked grains like brown rice or quinoa are perfect for pairing with chicken sausage in the air fryer—just make sure they’re cooked before adding them to the air fryer basket!
You could also experiment by adding different herbs and spices to boost the flavor of your grains—try chopped fresh parsley or dill for a delicious twist.
How to Cook Frozen Chicken Sausage in the Air Fryer?
Frozen chicken sausage is an easy and convenient meal staple.
- To cook frozen chicken sausage in the air fryer, start by preheating the air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the frozen chicken sausages into the air fryer basket, ensuring that they’re not overlapping.
- Cook the sausages for 13-15 minutes, shaking the basket frequently to ensure even cooking.
- When cooked through, remove from the air fryer and serve with your favorite sides!
With this simple guide, you can easily cook delicious chicken sausage in your air fryer in just 15 minutes!
How to Reheat Chicken Sausages in the Air Fryer?
Here’s how it’s done!
1. Getting Started
- First, preheat your air fryer to 375°F for about 5 minutes.
- Once you hear the timer go off, turn it off, but leave it on. This will ensure that your air fryer is heated up enough to cook your sausages.
- Now, lightly spray some cooking oil on the basket of the air fryer before adding your chicken sausages. This will help keep them from sticking while they are cooking.
2. Cooking Time:
Now, place as many chicken sausages as will fit comfortably into the basket of your air fryer.
- Close the lid and set a timer for 8-10 minutes depending on how many sausages you are cooking at once.
- After 8-10 minutes have passed, open the lid and check if your chicken sausages are cooked through by using a thermometer.
- The internal temperature should be 165°F or higher to be considered fully cooked.
3. Finishing Touches
Once they have reached that temperature, remove them from the air fryer basket and let them cool down for a few minutes before serving them with your favorite sides!
You can also add some additional flavor by brushing them with BBQ sauce or honey mustard glaze right before serving if desired.
Get the Most Out of Your Air Fryer Chicken Sausage with These Tips:
1. Make Space Between Each Chicken Sausage In The Air Fryer
The first tip for cooking great chicken sausages in an air fryer is to lay them out in a single layer.
This will allow the hot air to circulate around each sausage link and get it crispy on the outside.
It’s also important to make sure there is space between each link so that they don’t crowd each other while they are cooking.
2. Spray the Sausages With Cooking Spray
If you want to get even crispier results, you can spray the sausages with cooking spray before flipping them halfway through cooking.
This is entirely optional, but if you want extra-crispy sausages, this will definitely do the trick!
3. Let Them Rest:
This will help retain their natural juices and keep them juicy once they are served up.
With these tips in mind, you can be sure that your air fryer chicken sausage come out perfectly cooked every time!
Whether you’re serving them up as part of a summer barbecue or just as a simple weeknight dinner option, these juicy sausages are sure to be a hit with family and friends alike!
There you have it—a quick and easy recipe for cooking chicken sausage in an air fryer! This healthy meal is sure to be a hit with both kids and adults alike—and it only takes 15 minutes total!
Also Reheating chicken sausages in an air fryer is easy and quick!
With just a few simple steps – preheating, spraying oil on the basket, adding in your desired amount of chicken sausages, and setting a timer – You’ll have perfectly cooked sausage that is both delicious and healthy!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.