If you’re looking for a fast and easy way to make delicious frozen lumpia, look no further than your air fryer.
Cooking frozen lumpia in an air fryer is a breeze, and the result is perfectly crispy and crunchy lumpia every time – with minimal effort!
- 1 How To Make Crispy Air Fryer Lumpia?
- 2 How to Make Air Fryer Lumpia From Scratch?
- 3 Is Air Fryer Lumpia Healthier than Deep-Fried?
- 4 What to Serve With Air Fryer Lumpia?
- 5 How Do I Make Sure Air Fryer Lumpia Is Crispy?
- 6 How to Store Air Fryer Lumpia?
- 7 The Best Air Fryer Lumpia – Tips and Tricks
- 8 Conclusion:
How To Make Crispy Air Fryer Lumpia?
Here is a step-by-step guide on making air fryer lumpia.
Step 1: Preheat Your Air Fryer
The first step to making perfect lumpia is preheating your air fryer.
Set your air fryer to 375°F (190°C) and let it heat up while you prepare the frozen lumpia.
This will help ensure that the outside of the lumpia gets nice and crispy while the inside stays juicy and flavorful.
Step 2: Preparing the Lumpia
Once your air fryer is preheated, it’s time to prepare the lumpia for cooking.
Once you have removed them from their packaging, place them on a plate or tray lined with paper towels or parchment paper.
This will help absorb any excess moisture from the frozen lumpia before cooking them in the air fryer.
Step 3: Cook The Lumpia
When you are ready to start cooking, place as many pieces of lumpia as will fit into your air fryer basket (without overcrowding).
Set your timer for 8 minutes and then flip each piece over halfway through the cooking time so that both sides get equally crisp and golden brown.
When they are finished cooking, remove them from the basket carefully with tongs or a spatula and transfer them onto a plate or platter lined with paper towels or parchment paper to absorb any excess oil.
Finally, serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce (sweet chili sauce is always a hit!) Enjoy!
How to Make Air Fryer Lumpia From Scratch?
Let’s go over how to make an air fryer lumpia from scratch.
1. Making the Lumpia Wrapper
The first step is to make the wrapper for your lumpia.
- Start by combining 1 cup of all-purpose flour and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a bowl.
- Then add 1/4 cup of lukewarm water, stirring until everything is evenly combined.
- Knead the dough for about 5 minutes, then cover it with plastic wrap and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces and roll them out on a lightly floured surface until they are thin enough to form wrappers around your desired filling.
2. Filling Your Lumpia
When making your filling, you can use almost any combination of ingredients that you like.
Some popular options include ground beef or pork mixed with vegetables such as carrots, onions, garlic, bell peppers, and cabbage; shrimp or tofu combined with bean sprouts; or mashed sweet potatoes spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg.
Once you’ve decided on your filling ingredients, mix them together in a bowl until everything is evenly distributed.
- Set up an assembly line by laying out one piece of lumpia wrapper next to your bowl of fillings.
- Take about 2 tablespoons of filling and place it in the center of each wrapper before rolling them up tightly into tubes and sealing the edges together with water or egg whites so that they don’t come apart during cooking.
3. Cooking Your Lumpia in an Air Fryer
Air fryers work by circulating hot air around food items to give them a crispy exterior without using too much oil—perfect for cooking lumpia without making them greasy!
Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C), then place 4-5 lumpia at a time into the basket and cook for 7-8 minutes until they are golden brown and crispy on both sides.
Serve hot with a dipping sauce such as peanut sauce or sweet chili sauce. Enjoy!
Is Air Fryer Lumpia Healthier than Deep-Fried?
Let’s take a look.
1. Nutritional Benefits of Air Fryer Lumpia
Air fryer lumpia definitely has some nutritional benefits over its deep-fried counterpart.
Since it doesn’t rely on large amounts of oil for cooking, air fryer lumpia will be lower in fat and calories than traditional deep-fried lumpia.
This makes it a great option for those looking to eat healthier without sacrificing flavor.
Additionally, since there’s no need for a vat of hot oil, making air fryer lumpia is also much safer than using a deep fryer—no risk of burns or fires!
2. Drawbacks to Air Fryer Lumpia
While there are some clear benefits to air fryers when it comes to making lumpia, they won’t be able to replicate the crispiness that comes with traditional deep frying quite as well as a hot vat of oil can.
Additionally, if you’re not careful about what type of ingredients you use in your filling (such as processed meats), then you could end up trading one set of unhealthy ingredients for another.
It’s important to always focus on using fresh and healthy ingredients when making any recipe – including those made in an air fryer!
What to Serve With Air Fryer Lumpia?
Let’s explore some tasty pairings to serve with air fryer lumpia.
1. Fruit Sauces
Fruit sauces are a great way to bring sweetness to the table without overloading your meal with sugar.
Consider creating an easy mango-coconut sauce by blending together fresh mangoes and coconut milk.
You can also add some honey for extra sweetness, a pinch of salt for balance, and a squeeze of lemon juice for acidity.
Serve this fruity sauce alongside your air fryer lumpia for a delicious contrast in flavors.
2. Savory Sides
For something on the savory side, consider julienning some vegetables like carrots or cucumbers and tossing them with sesame oil, garlic powder, soy sauce, and rice vinegar.
You can also make a quick peanut dipping sauce by combining peanut butter (preferably the all-natural kind), soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, garlic powder, and ground ginger.
With either of these sides, you can enjoy your air fryer lumpia in all its savory glory!
3. Spicy Condiments
If you want to give your air fryer lumpia an added kick of heat then consider serving it with spicy condiments like chili pepper paste or hot mustard.
Both condiments are bold enough to stand up to the flavor of the lumpia while still providing an extra layer of spice that will tantalize your taste buds.
Experiment with different levels of spiciness until you find just the right balance!
How Do I Make Sure Air Fryer Lumpia Is Crispy?
It’s simple! Place your wraps into an air fryer preheated at 375°F for 8-10 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
Be sure to avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket as this may affect cooking times.
Additionally, make sure you’re using a high-quality wrapper that won’t easily break down in the air fryer.
How to Store Air Fryer Lumpia?
Once air fryer lumpia is cooked, it can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
If freezing, be sure to wrap your lumpia tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before placing them into a freezer bag.
When ready to eat, simply reheat the lumpia in an air fryer at 375°F for about 4 minutes until crispy.
The Best Air Fryer Lumpia – Tips and Tricks
- Preheat your air fryer before adding the egg rolls. This will help to get them really crispy and brown on both sides.
- Once you’ve added the Lumpia to the basket, flip (or shake) them halfway through the cooking process so that they cook evenly on both sides. If you want an extra kick of flavor, add some red pepper flakes to your mix before wrapping them up.
- It’s also important not to overcrowd your air fryer basket when cooking lumpia – otherwise, they won’t cook correctly!
- For best results, make sure each egg roll has enough space around it so that all sides can be exposed to heat evenly.
- Lastly, serve your finished product with a dipping sauce like sweet chili or soy sauce for extra flavor!
With just a few simple steps, you can have delicious frozen lumpia cooked in an air fryer in no time at all!
Not only is this method fast and easy, but it also produces perfectly crisp and crunchy results every single time – without all of the oil needed when deep-frying traditional lumpia.
So next time you want some tasty snack food in a hurry, don’t forget that you can always count on your trusty air fryer for perfectly cooked frozen lumpia!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.