If you’ve ever cooked in your air fryer, then you know that it can be a great way to whip up a delicious meal without all the added fat and calories. But what happens when those tasty meals leave behind an unpleasant smell?
Don’t worry – there are several easy ways to get rid of any lingering odors and make sure your air fryer stays smelling fresh and clean. Here’s a full guide on how to remove smell from air fryer, whether it is a chemical smell or food smell.
How to Remove Smell From Air Fryer?
Here are some tips on how to remove smell from air fryer:
1. Use an Anti-Odor Filter
With the consumption of greasy foods, oil can accumulate on metal surfaces and emit foul odors. Such a buildup could be detrimental to your health, so it is not an issue you should take lightly or risk.
To banish any lingering odors from your air fryer, I recommend installing an anti-odor filter. Not only is it cleanable and replaceable, but you can count on long-term protection!
2) Use an Air Fryer Oven That Doesn’t Heat Up too Much
Investing in a cutting-edge machine with two separate heating fixtures will empower you to cook an assortment of dishes simultaneously without mixing their aromas.
Digitally controlled machines are usually more convenient than standard ones, and if you can afford them, touch screens provide the ideal blend of convenience and aesthetics – however they tend to cost more.
3) Wash Your Stainless Steel Parts Regularly
If your air fryer oven is equipped with individual heating elements, such as the Philips HD9240/90 model, don’t forget to clean any metal pieces weekly – or even more often if you’ve used it for baking fish.
In addition, some metals can corrode after long-term exposure to high heat and moisture; so make sure not to leave your appliance unattended.
This tip will effectively get rid of the foul aromas from your air fryer!
4) Clean Cooking Oil Residues Thoroughly After Each Use
Take caution when using stainless steel screws or other metals, as they may release toxic chemicals into your food due to reactions with varying temperatures.
The safest way to prevent this from occurring is by ensuring the correct kind of oil is used in cooking.
Furthermore, consider utilizing non-stick pans and baking sheets for frying or baking within the appliance! This will guarantee that no harmful substances enter your food.
5) Dry Cooking Utensils Thoroughly After Each Use
With the internal space of your air fryer being outfitted with materials such as metal, ceramic, or glass, it’s important to ensure they remain dry before returning them back to the appliance.
To quickly and effectively achieve this goal, I highly advise you to take advantage of direct sunlight for a period – an approach many experienced chefs believe in due to its impressive results!
7) Use An Anti-Odor Kitchen Towel or Wipes
To keep your air fryer spotless and prevent odors, you should clean it frequently – but if that’s not feasible, wiping the grease off with a towel dampened in vinegar will do.
For an upgraded solution, apply baking soda and water to the surface area – just be sure to avoid metal components as this method can lead to rusting!
9) Install a cooking hood if possible
The Philips HD9240/90 air fryer includes glass lids that can easily become foggy from moisture and heat.
Even when you take it out, condensation from the humid environment outside could accumulate on its lid!
Fortunately, there is a way to prevent this – install a ventilation hood in your kitchen which will absorb any hot air before releasing it outdoors. Not only will this diminish cloudy build-up but also clear away odors caused by trapped heatwaves within your home!
9) Clean All Surfaces Often
Similar to any other cooking appliance, it’s essential to keep the exterior and interior of your air fryer oven clean.
To do this, you can wipe down every metallic surface with a blend of water and cornstarch before scrubbing or rinsing off excess oil with warm soapy water.
Remember that if neglected over time, bacteria could grow in small crevices!
10) Set The Temperature Higher Than Necessary
When creating something as simple as an egg tart in your oven, it’s important to set the temperature to no less than 300°C or 365°F.
This will ensure that your food is slightly browned and optimal flavor levels are achieved. If you fail to do so, then unfortunately the resulting product won’t be quite as delicious or satisfying.
Another good solution would be to pour boiling water all over those parts instead; just remember to do this over the sink because some steam probably slipped inside the appliance by now!
How to Remove Smell From New Air Fryer?
If you recently bought an air fryer, it’s important to get rid of the strange odor that comes from its inner parts.
To do this, simply fill a bowl with white vinegar and place it inside your appliance for about an hour.
Afterward, remove it and clean all surfaces using warm soapy water or specific detergents designed to clean an air fryer.
How to Remove Chemical Smell From Air Fryer?
If you notice a chemical smell from air fryer, it’s important to take the necessary steps in order to get rid of it.
- Firstly, check inside the appliance for residues left behind by previous cooking sessions – such as oil or charred bits of food.
- Once they are removed, mix together equal parts of hot water and white vinegar and fill the air fryer with it. Let it sit for about an hour before emptying and rinsing it out with clean water.
- After that, dry all surfaces completely using a kitchen towel or cloth – this will help prevent any further smells from lingering inside the appliance!
How to Remove Food Smell From Air Fryer?
If you’re dealing with a food smell from air fryer, the best thing to do is rinse out its inner parts with warm soapy water.
Additionally, cut two lemons in half and place them inside the appliance while it’s off – this will help absorb any remaining odors.
You can also add baking soda to the mixture in order to further absorb any food smell. For best results, let it sit for at least an hour before rinsing and drying off all surfaces with a kitchen towel or cloth.
Why Does My Air Fryer Have a Weird Smell?
If your air fryer has an unusual smell, it’s likely due to the build-up of food particles and residue that haven’t been properly cleaned.
- Additionally, if you’ve recently cooked something with strong odors then those could also still be lingering inside the appliance.
- To get rid of these scents, mix together equal parts of hot water and white vinegar then fill the air fryer with it.
- Afterward, rinse off all surfaces with clean water before drying them off completely using a kitchen towel or cloth.
- Additionally, you can also cut two lemons in half and place them inside the appliance while it’s off – this will help absorb any remaining odors.
- Finally, remember to always clean your air fryer after each use in order to prevent any unpleasant smells from developing in the long run!
How Do I Completely Clean My Air Fryer?
Cleaning your air fryer is essential in order to maintain its optimal performance.
- Firstly, make sure you unplug it from the wall outlet and let it cool down before attempting to clean it.
- Afterward, use a damp cloth or paper towel with warm soapy water to wipe down all surfaces – this will help remove any residue or buildup of grease.
- If there are any hard-to-reach spots or parts, you can use a cotton swab dipped in soapy water to get into those tight corners.
- Additionally, you can also create a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and hot water and pour it inside the appliance – this will help further remove any unpleasant odors that might be lingering inside.
- Finally, remember to always dry off all surfaces completely before plugging them back in!
Ultimately, the best way to remove the food smell from your air fryer is to use an anti-odor filter and keep up with regular maintenance. This includes things like regular cleaning and drying cooking utensils, as well as removing any oil residue after each use.
However, it’s always a good idea to prevent foul odors before they occur. To do this, try setting the temperature higher than necessary when cooking especially greasy or fragrant foods.
Additionally, if you’re able to install a cooking hood, then this can help draw out any lingering odors.
No matter which method you choose for eliminating bad aroma from your kitchen appliance, there are various options guaranteed to keep your space clean and fresh.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.