A luscious tortilla bite filled with chicken, cheese, spices, tomatoes, and beans makes the burrito mouthwatering. There is hardly a person who doesn’t like it.
This appetizing meal wonders you with its simple ingredients and quick cooking. There is no hard rule to follow in the recipe of a burrito. You can choose the filling in tortilla of your own choice.
That’s why most of the people prefer it for lunch in their office or workplace. But some people don’t like to eat a leftover cold burrito because it doesn’t taste as good as freshly prepared it.
If you are one of them and looking for how to reheat burrito in simple steps? Then don’t need to be worried about that. This article is going to give you detailed discussions on its reheat.
Burrito is a well-known dish in America. It is basically originated from the northern Mexico region. It is served as lunch, dinner, or for snacking purposes. It is a simple yet delicious meal that fulfills one’s cravings in a good way.
There are different varieties of a burrito. It means you can’t be fed up with having the same burrito bite again and again. Change the flavors according to your mood and chew the piece. Some of the basic ingredients that you need are vegetables, spices, flavors, and meat of your choice.
Types of burrito
Different types of burritos are made up by doing variations. These little variations make their taste different from each other. Here are some of the types of its.
- California burrito: Cheese is the main ingredient in tortilla filling. Marinated meat is added with French fries in a California burrito.
- Traditional Mexican: It is a simple tortilla that has meat and bean filling.
- Breakfast burrito: As a breakfast burrito, it has eggs, cheese, and a piece of bacon.
- Kogi burrito: People who love to eat fish with Asian ingredients can go for a Kogi burrito.
- Mission burrito: It is prepared by steaming the meat and tortilla. People usually want to eat it with Mexican rice.
How can you reheat burritos?
There are multiple ways that you can adopt to reheat burritos. But before that let’s have a look at some essentials that you need for any reheating process.
Skillet: It is needed when you reheat it by grilling.
Lid: While heating the burrito cover it with a lid.
Spatula: flip and press down the burrito with the help of a spatula while heating on the stove.
Olive oil: spray olive oil on the burrito so that it doesn’t stick with the pan.
Aluminum foil: If you are using an oven for reheating then aluminum foil will protect it from overheat.
Thermometer: It is used to check the temperature that meat is at a safe place or not.
Reheating using a microwave
Reheating a burrito using microwave may not turn so good but it saves your time and settles for less. Here are the steps of reheating
- Unwrap it from foil or butter paper.
- Separate all the cold ingredients that don’t need heat by unrolling the tortilla.
- Refold the tortilla with heating ingredients and put it on a microwave plate.
- Cover it with a slightly damp cloth and cook it for 45 to 60 seconds.
- Flip it and heat the other side with the same procedure as you are done with the previous side.
- Get the burrito out of the microwave and refill it with the cold ingredients and wrap carefully.
- Enjoy the tasty bites of a reheated burrito.
Reheating using oven
Reheating in the oven makes the burrito bite crispy and crunchy. So if you want the burrito to tastes crispy and freshly made then reheating in the oven is preferred. Here are the steps of heating
- Preheat the oven at a temperature of 225-275 degree Fahrenheit.
- Wrap it in aluminum foil then wrap it into butter paper.
- Make sure you don’t wrap it tightly.
- Set the oven temperature at 75 degree Fahrenheit and put it in the center of oven.
- Check the oven temperature carefully and remove it after reheating.
- This reheating will maintain the flavor and taste fresh.
Reheating using an oven toaster
Another good method to keep the texture and taste of burrito is reheating in an oven toaster. This method is preferred by many because it works better than the microwave and faster than the oven. Here are the steps of reheating.
- Preheat the toaster at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the cold ingredients from it by unwrapping it.
- Fold the tortilla carefully and wrap it with foil again.
- Heat it until the temperature reached 75 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You can check the temperature by putting a thermometer to avoid overheating.
Reheating using skillet
If you are a person who doesn’t like an electronic distraction in your meal then you can reheat it using a skillet. Here are the steps of reheating.
- Grease your skillet with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Turn on the stove and keep the flame medium.
- Put it on the skillet and cover it with a lid.
- Keep flipping it after every one and half a minutes. This will reheat the burrito equally from all sides.
- Don’t heat it for more than 5-6 minutes.
- Remove it from the pan, wrap it in baking paper and enjoy the delicious burrito bites.
How to reheat a burrito with sour cream
Are you a person who loves to eat a burrito with sour cream filling? Then reheating becomes quite challenging if not handled properly. You can either reheat it with sour cream or spoon out the sour cream.
But if you have leftover with sour cream and it can’t spoon out then you can reheat it with the oven. The procedure of heating it is the same as we discussed above in reheating with the oven. The only difference is that you have to add more sour cream to it after reheating so that it doesn’t lose the taste of cream.
Can you reheat the burrito with guacamole?
Guacamole and other salad filling in burrito tastes differently when reheating it. If you want to reheat guacamole burrito without losing taste then unfold your burrito and separate guacamole filling.
Heat the chicken filling and tortilla only. After heating, refill it with guacamole. In this way, you can reheat the burrito with guacamole.
How to reheat/cook frozen burritos?
If you want to reheat or cook your frozen burrito then it’s simple but a little bit different. If you simply reheat the frozen it then wraps it in a wet towel paper and microwave it for 5 minutes.
But this procedure lacks in taste. For taste, you have to do some struggle of cooking. The cooking method differs from the way you choose.
Cooking in the oven: Preheat the oven up to 400 Fahrenheit. Wrap it in foil and place it on the upper tray of the oven. Cook it for 40 minutes.
Cooking in a toaster oven: Cooking in a toaster oven is the same as in an oven but the only difference is that you just need to cook for 15-20 minutes.
Cooking on the stove: Microwave the burrito for one minute before cooking it on the stove. Add some drops of oil and cooked it until it gets light brown. Cook from all the sides carefully.
How to keep the tortilla soft while reheating the burrito?
When you reheat it, the tortilla becomes hard and spoils the tenderness of the burrito. So, if you want to keep the tortilla soft, sprinkle some water on it before reheating.
In this way, it reheats with equal distribution of heat and moisture. And you will not have soggy burrito bites.
It is a meal with multiple qualities. You can serve it in your lunch, snack, or even at occasional parties. We discussed in detail that how to reheat a burrito in simple steps. We also discuss some of its descriptions and categories and try our best to cover up everything in a single article. Still, if you have any questions comment below. We are looking forward to answering your queries. Have a tasty burrito bite.