If you’re looking for an easy and healthy way to make zucchini noodles, then air frying is the way to go! Air fryers are a great way to get that perfectly crispy texture without all the oil and fat.
Plus, air-frying zucchini noodles means you don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen prepping, cooking, and cleaning up.
Read on for our step-by-step guide on how to make air fryer zucchini noodles with different variations and what to serve with them.
How to Make Air Fryer Zucchini Noodles?
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make air fryer zucchini noodles:
Step 1 – Preparing the Zucchini
- Start by washing and drying your zucchini before peeling or spiralizing it into noodles.
- Make sure the pieces are even so they will cook evenly.
- Place them in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, making sure each piece is coated with oil. You can also season them with salt and pepper or any other herbs or spices of your choice.
- Set aside until ready to cook.
Step 2 – Preheat Your Air Fryer
Now it’s time to preheat your air fryer to 350°F/175°C for about 5 minutes before adding the zucchini noodles.
Step 3 – Put Zucchini Noodles in Air Fryer:
Put the zucchini noodles into the air fryer basket in one single layer – make sure there is enough space between each piece of noodle so they can cook nicely without sticking together.
Close the basket tightly and set your timer for 8 minutes at 350°F/175°C.
At this point, you can also add some extra seasoning if desired!
Step 4 – Flip & Cook
After 8 minutes, open the air fryer basket and flip each piece of noodle over using tongs or a fork – be careful as they will be hot!
Close it again and set your timer for another 6 minutes at 350°F/175°C or until golden brown spots start appearing on top of your noodles (this will depend on how thick they are).
Once done, let them cool slightly before serving!
How Do You Cook Zucchini Noodles So They Don’t Get Soggy?
To ensure your zucchini noodles don’t become soggy, you need to make sure they are cooked at the appropriate temperature and for the right amount of time.
Additionally, it helps to drizzle them with olive oil prior to cooking as this will help prevent them from sticking together and becoming mushy.
Lastly, it is important to remember to let them cool slightly before serving as this will help lock in the flavor and texture.
How Do You Get the Water Out of Zucchini Noodles?
The best way to get the water out of zucchini noodles is by using a kitchen towel or paper towels. Place them on top of the zucchini noodles and press down lightly to absorb any excess moisture.
Alternatively, you can also use a salad spinner to remove the water from your noodles before cooking.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Zucchini Noodles?
Here are some delicious and healthy meals that pair perfectly with zoodles.
1. Chickpea Broccoli Bowls:
This vegan-friendly dish is bursting with flavor and nutrients.
- Start by sautéing some onions and garlic in a pan over medium heat until softened.
- Then add garam masala, turmeric, cumin, coriander, salt, black pepper, and chickpeas.
- Cook everything together for around 7 minutes before adding some chopped broccoli florets.
- Sauté the mixture until the broccoli is tender before adding some cooked quinoa or rice along with fresh parsley or cilantro.
- Serve this flavorful meal on top of your air fryer zucchini noodles for an extra helping of vegetables!
2. Grilled Salmon with Herb Salad:
Give your zoodles a gourmet touch by serving them alongside grilled salmon fillets!
- Begin by preheating your grill to medium-high heat; then rub each salmon fillet with olive oil before seasoning it with salt and pepper.
- Grill the fish for 8-10 minutes per side before brushing it with melted butter or margarine mixed with freshly squeezed lemon juice and dried herbs like dill or tarragon.
- Serve the salmon on top of your zucchini noodles tossed together with a salad made from baby greens such as arugula or spinach along with chopped fresh herbs like basil or mint for an extra burst of flavor!
3. Garlic Shrimp Stir Fry:
Spice up your zoodle night by cooking up a fragrant garlic shrimp stir fry!
- Start by heating some olive oil in a wok over medium-high heat before adding minced garlic and red pepper flakes (optional).
- Cook until fragrant before adding chopped vegetables such as bell peppers, mushrooms, carrots, and snow peas along with shrimp that has been seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Cook until the vegetables are tender before stirring in cooked white rice or quinoa along with soy sauce or coconut aminos (gluten-free).
- Serve this savory dish on top of air fryer zucchini noodles for a delicious meal that is sure to please everyone at the table!
How to Reheat Air Fryer Zucchini Noodles?
Reheating air fryer zucchini noodles is easy. Simply place the noodles in an oven-safe dish and top them with a few drops of water or olive oil.
Then, heat them in a 350°F/175°C oven for 8-10 minutes or until heated through.
Alternatively, you can also reheat them in the air fryer for 4-5 minutes. Be sure to let them cool slightly before serving!
How to Store Air Fryer Zucchini Noodles?
Air fryer zucchini noodles can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Be sure to let them cool completely before transferring them to the container.
To reheat, simply follow the instructions above!
Air Fryer Zucchini Noodles Variations:
If you’re looking to spice up your air fryer zucchini noodles, here are a few delicious variations!
• Add some chopped vegetables such as bell peppers or mushrooms before air frying.
• Mix in some garlic and olive oil before cooking for an extra boost of flavor.
• Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and/or chopped fresh herbs after cooking.
• Add some cooked chicken, shrimp, or tofu for a complete meal.
• Top with pesto or your favorite sauce before serving. No matter how you choose to cook them, air fryer zucchini noodles are sure to be a hit!
Making delicious air fryer zucchini noodles is an easy and healthy way to enjoy this popular vegetable dish without all the fuss of traditional cooking methods!
By preheating your air fryer correctly, ensuring all pieces are evenly sized, coating them with oil, and flipping halfway through cooking time for an even result – you’ll be able to enjoy perfectly cooked crispy zoodles every time!
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring – especially when you pair your air fryer zucchini noodles with these flavorful dishes!
Whether you’re looking for something vegan-friendly like chickpea broccoli bowls; something fancy like grilled salmon fillets; or something spicy like garlic shrimp stir fry – there’s sure to be something here that will satisfy all of your taste buds while still keeping things light and nutritious!
So go ahead – fire up that air fryer and get ready to enjoy one tasty meal after another!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.