Pancakes made in an air fryer? You bet! If you haven’t tried making pancakes in your air fryer yet, now is the time. Not only are they delicious and fluffy, but they also cook quickly.
Here’s how to cook pancakes in an air fryer in the simplest way while making them the fluffiest, Let’s get cooking!
How To Cook Pancakes in an Air Fryer?
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to cook pancakes in an air fryer:
1. Ingredients Needed:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk (or non-dairy milk)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 egg (optional)
2. Mix together with a whisk until everything is evenly combined.
3. In a separate bowl or large measuring cup, combine the wet ingredients – milk, oil (or melted butter), and egg (if using).
4. Whisk until everything is well incorporated.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula just until the batter comes together.
6. Do not overmix! Let the batter rest for 10 minutes while you preheat your air fryer.
7. Preheat at 350°F for 3 minutes.
8. Spray your air fryer basket with some cooking spray or lightly brush with some oil to prevent sticking, then scoop 1/3 cup of pancake batter into your preheated air fryer basket.
9. Set the temperature to 360°F and cook for 5 minutes, flipping halfway through at 2 1/2 minutes. Turn off the heat and let cool slightly before serving.
10. Serve pancakes warm with your favorite toppings like maple syrup or fresh berries!
Delicious Pancake Topping Ideas:
Here are some pancake topping ideas to get you started, plus tips on how to make fluffy air fryer pancakes.
- Maple syrup is a classic topping that pairs perfectly with pancakes, but there are plenty of other ways to make your pancakes even more delicious.
- Try adding butter, honey, or fresh fruit like strawberries or blueberries.
- For those with a sweet tooth, adding whipped cream, chocolate chips, peanut butter or nut butter is sure to hit the spot. Kids will love sprinkles – perfect for birthday breakfasts!
Tips to Make Fluffy Air Fryer Pancakes
Making fluffy air fryer pancakes is easy and convenient too!
- When using an air fryer, it’s important to use a rubber spatula to spread the batter evenly in the pan so each pancake cooks evenly.
- For an extra bit of fun and flavor, add ingredients like chocolate chips, sliced bananas, and small berries, or sprinkle directly into the batter before cooking.
- Then all you have to do is check on each pancake around the 6-minute mark until the top is nice and golden before taking them out of the air fryer.
How Long to Cook Pancakes in an Air Fryer?
Cooking pancakes in an air fryer is fast and efficient.
Depending on how thick or thin your batter is, the cooking time should take about 5 minutes per batch.
Be sure to watch the pancakes closely during their final 2 minutes of cook time, flipping them halfway through for even cooking.
How to Reheat Air Fryer Pancakes?
Reheating pancakes in the air fryer is easy and quick – perfect for those busy mornings!
Simply place your pancakes on the preheated air fryer basket and heat them at 350°F for 2 minutes or until heated through.
Can I Stack Many Pancakes in an Air Fryer With Parchment Paper?
Yes! To make cooking pancakes in the air fryer easier, we recommend using parchment paper to separate the pancakes. This creates a barrier between them so they don’t stick together and makes flipping them much simpler.
Simply spray your preheated basket with some cooking oil to prevent sticking and place your parchment paper-lined stack of pancakes in the air fryer.
Cook at 350°F for 5 minutes, flipping halfway through.
How to Store Air Fryer Pancakes?
Here’s how to store air fryer pancakes in 3 different ways:
1. Covering Your Pancakes
The most important step when it comes to storing your air fryer pancakes is covering them properly. Uncovering them will cause them to dry out quickly, so it’s best to use a lid or plastic wrap to keep them moist and delicious.
Make sure the lid or wrap completely covers the top of the pan or tray that you are using to store your pancakes, as this will help keep moisture off of the surface of the pancakes themselves.
2. Refrigerating Your Pancakes:
Refrigerating your air fryer pancakes will extend their shelf life significantly!
The ideal temperature for refrigerated storage is 40°F or below; anything higher than this will cause bacteria growth which could lead to food-borne illnesses.
If you are planning on storing your pancakes overnight, it’s best to refrigerate them rather than leave them out at room temperature. When reheating pancakes from the refrigerator be sure to heat them up until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F before eating.
3. Freezing Your Pancakes:
Freezing is another great option when it comes to preserving your air fryer pancake leftovers!
To freeze, simply place cooled-off air fryer pancakes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place them in the freezer for 2-3 hours until frozen solid.
Once frozen, transfer the individual pancake slices into an airtight container or freezer bag before returning back to the freezer where they can stay safely stored for up to three months!
When it comes time to eat again just pop one (or more!) into your air fryer set on low heat until warmed through – delicious!
Making pancakes in an air fryer is so easy and quick – you can have breakfast ready in less than 15 minutes from start to finish!
Pancakes can be dressed up any way you want – from classic maple syrup to something more creative like peanut butter and honey!
Whether you’re making traditional pancakes or trying out something new in an air fryer, don’t forget to top off your creations with something special. With these ideas and tips in mind, you’ll be sure to have enjoyable and memorable breakfasts time after time.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.