If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to make cornbread, then look no further than your air fryer!
Making cornbread in an air fryer is the perfect way to get that delicious crunchiness without having to spend all day in the kitchen.
We’ve adapted this classic recipe so it can be made without milk or have any need for traditional baking pans. With just a few simple steps, you can understand how to cook Jiffy Cornbread in an air fryer
Plus, it’s a great way to use up any extra boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix you have laying around!
- 1 How to Cook Jiffy Cornbread in an Air Fryer?
- 2 Can I Make Air Fryer Jiffy Cornbread Without a Pan?
- 3 How To Make Air Fryer Jiffy Cornbread Without Milk?
- 4 How Long to Cook Jiffy Cornbread in an Air Fryer?
- 5 Pro Tips For Making Air Fryer Jiffy Cornbread:
- 6 How to Store Air Fryer Jiffy Cornbread?
- 7 Conclusion:
How to Cook Jiffy Cornbread in an Air Fryer?
Here’s how to cook jiffy cornbread in an air fryer:
- 1 box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil, and 1 egg.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the contents of the box with the oil and egg until everything is evenly mixed.
- Once everything is combined, pour it into an 8×8 greased baking dish or non-stick cake pan.
- Place it into your preheated air fryer basket and cook for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp on top.
3. Serving Suggestions
When served hot out of the air fryer, this cornbread goes great with some honey butter or even some chili! It also makes for a delicious side dish when paired with almost any soup or stew.
And if you’re feeling adventurous, try using different ingredients like grated cheese or jalapenos to mix things up a bit!
Can I Make Air Fryer Jiffy Cornbread Without a Pan?
Yes, you can make air fryer jiffy cornbread without a pan in these two methods:
1. Air Fryer Basket Method:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 375°F.
3. Grease your air fryer basket with some oil or cooking spray so that your cornbread doesn’t stick. Then pour the batter into the basket and spread it out evenly. It should be about ¾ inch thick when done.
4. Place the basket into the preheated air fryer and cook for 15–17 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked through in the middle (you can check this by inserting a toothpick or knife into the center of the cornbread).
5. Make sure you check on it periodically as every air fryer is different! When finished cooking, allow it to cool before serving or storing leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
The Foil Method:
You can definitely make this treat while using foil to line the basket instead of a pan.
- It’s important to use special foil specifically made for air fryers, as this will ensure that the cornbread cooks evenly without sticking.
- Make sure that the edges of the foil are pressed down firmly into the air fryer basket and then grease generously with your preferred cooking oil.
- After preheating your air fried to 360-400 degrees Fahrenheit, pour in your mixture – it should only take about 10 minutes until you’ve got a golden and scrumptious cornbread!
How To Make Air Fryer Jiffy Cornbread Without Milk?
An air fryer can be used to make all sorts of delicious treats, including cornbread. This recipe is simple, requires just a few ingredients, and is completely dairy-free.
1. Ingredients Needed
To make this air fryer cornbread you will need:
- 1 box of jiffy cornbread mix.
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter or butter substitute (such as coconut oil or vegan margarine)
- 1 egg, and ¼ cup of water.
You’ll also need an air fryer and a greased baking dish that will fit in your air fryer.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F. Grease the baking dish with butter or butter substitute.
- In a large bowl mix together the jiffy cornbread mix, melted butter, and an egg until combined.
- Slowly add in the water while stirring until everything is evenly mixed together. The batter should be thick but still spreadable. If it’s too thick, add more water.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and place it in your preheated air fryer basket for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top and an inserted toothpick come out clean when tested in the center of the bread.
- Let cool before serving with butter or honey if desired. Enjoy!
However, the resulting cornbread may be a bit dry and not as flavorful as it would be if made with milk.
Additionally, you may want to slightly reduce the amount of salt in your recipe if using water instead of milk. This is because water does not contain any natural sweetness like milk does.
How Long to Cook Jiffy Cornbread in an Air Fryer?
The cooking time for Jiffy cornbread in an air fryer will depend on the size of the baking dish or pan you’re using.
|9×13-inch pan||350°F||25 minutes|
|8×8-inch pan||350°F||20 minutes|
If your cornbread is not golden brown and crispy on top after 25 minutes, add an additional 5 minutes of cooking time.
Be sure to check the internal temperature with a thermometer to make sure it has reached 165°F before serving.
Pro Tips For Making Air Fryer Jiffy Cornbread:
1. Choosing the Right Pan
Choosing a proper pan for the Air Fryer is crucial to getting the perfect air fryer Jiffy cornbread. I prefer an 8 inches spring form pan because it fits nicely into most air fryers and has high sides so that your batter doesn’t overflow when cooking.
A Bunt Pan also works really well because of the hole in the center of the pan, which helps distribute heat evenly throughout your batter.
No matter what type of pan you use, be sure not to fill it too full with batter or else it won’t cook all the way through.
2. Knowing When It’s Done
The key to the perfect air fryer Jiffy cornbread is being able to tell when it’s done without having to open up your air fryer lid and disrupt cooking time.
To do this, simply insert a toothpick into your bread; if it comes out clean then your bread is ready!
Another way to check if your bread is done is by tapping on the top of it lightly with a spoon – if you hear a hollow sound then your bread is fully cooked.
3. Making It Extra Delicious
Adding extra flavorings like butter, honey, or spices can take your air fryer Jiffy cornbread over the top!
Try adding melted butter on top of your batter before putting it in the air fryer for an extra delicious buttery flavor. You can also try drizzling some honey on top after baking for some added sweetness.
For those who enjoy spicy flavors, adding some chili powder or cayenne pepper will give your cornbread an extra kick!
How to Store Air Fryer Jiffy Cornbread?
The most important thing when storing your air fryer Jiffy cornbread is to make sure it’s completely cooled before placing it in any container or bag.
Once cool, place your cornbread in an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to four days. This will keep your bread fresh and delicious. It’s also important to make sure your container is properly sealed so no moisture gets in or out.
For longer storage, place your cooled cornbread in an airtight container and freeze for up to three months. When ready to eat, thaw it slowly in the fridge overnight or defrost quickly by microwaving on low power (about 30-60 seconds). Be sure not to overheat as this can dry out the bread.
You don’t need any special equipment or extra pans to whip up some delicious air fried Jiffy Cornbread – just simple ingredients and an air fryer!
With these pro tips, making delicious and fluffy air fryer Jiffy Cornbread can be a breeze! From choosing the right pan to knowing when it’s done baking – following these simple steps will help you create perfect air fryer cornbread every single time.
Not only that but adding some extra flavorings like butter or spices will take this classic recipe over the top! So why not give this recipe a try today? You won’t regret it!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.