When you are confused and can not decide on the lunch options, don’t worry and get a ride from this confusion; here is the best option for lunch it’s full of protein and vitamins air fryer meatloaf.
Yes, this lunch makes your day good because I believe good food impacts your mood; that’s why good food makes your day good.
About Meatloaf & Benefits
Meatloaf is an always present item on food tables whether it’s a family dinner, an office party, or a church lunch. Everyone loves a good piece of meatloaf.
It’s delicious and full of protein. Meatloaf is mostly made using ground beef but any red meat can be used to make a tasty meatloaf.
Along with the taste, meat load brings a lot of nutritional value to your diet that is very beneficial for your health. Here we will take a look at some benefits of consuming a homemade meatloaf.
Effects On Body:
A meatloaf is loaded with proteins that can help your body generate more than enough energy so you can power through the day without feeling tired.
You will always find meatloaf in the diet plans of bodybuilders because the high protein count helps develop the muscle better by increasing the muscle mass.
The high protein effects and optimize the body’s nervous system and also vastly improves the brain’s functionality. It is especially beneficial for children as it quickens the brain development process.
With the improvement in the nervous system, the proteins also increase memory function.
Along with protein, a homemade meatloaf also includes iron, calcium, and numerous vitamins that are equally beneficial and important for your body. In short, a well-made meatloaf would cause more benefit than harm to your body.
Things To Look Out For:
Although meatloaf is a delicious and healthy food item, too much of anything can be dangerous for you. Similarly, consuming too much meatloaf can also cause various problems.
Such as using meat with too much fat or cooking with too much grease can lead to high blood pressure as well as heart problems. So, always use meat with low-fat content or mix it up with vegetables to make it healthier.
Eating too much protein can cause kidney problems. Since meatloaf is mostly meat, it’s full of protein. Remember to drink water to avoid facing any kidney problems later on.
The main point you should concentrate on the temperature. Be aware that if you cook meatloaf at high speed, it will burn temperature should be at 390 degrees.
How do you keep meatloaf moist when cooking?
The meatloaf is mouthwatering if it makes your mouth full of juice and tenderness while eating. The dry meatloaf is not good at all. Here are the some tips that can help you to keep meatloaf moist.
- Milk: Soak the breadcrumbs for 15 minutes in to milk before adding it in to meatloaf mixture. You can also add milk directly in the mixture. Totally depends on your choice.
- Veggies: With all healthy nutrients, veggies fill the meatloaf with the essential amount of moisture. Zucchini, bell pepper or mushrooms have the high water content.
- Ground meat: High fat content in pork or beef make their grounded addition in meatloaf juicy. So try to use beef or pork grounded meat for tender meatloaf bites.
How can you tell if meatloaf is done?
The best way to check meatloaf ready or not is the use of a meat thermometer. Insert the thermometer right in the middle of the meat and note the temperature. If it is 160 degrees Fahrenheit then it’s ready to eat.
Don’t worry if you have no thermometer, go with the time. Note the time of cooking and 45-50 minutes in air fryer are enough to cook meatloaf. You can check the softness by inserting a knife, this will also let you know about if it is cooked or not.
Video: YouTube/Michael & Jennifer
How to make it more delicious?
How can we make air fryer meatloaf more delicious than others? The best combo is ground beef and ground pork. I love this combo, but it’s up to you which meat combo you like you can add.
- 1 tbsp salt or according to your taste
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- One egg, lightly beaten
- One chopped fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp ketchup,
- 1 Tbsp Yellow mustard
You can add other spices to your air-fried meatloaf according to your taste.
Meatloaf Cook Time
- You can add other vegetables like carrots, capsicum, and mushroom, etc.
- Cut all vegetables in small sizes or chop finely.
- Put the meatloaf in the air fryer and cook for 30 to 35 minutes.
- You can add spices according to your taste.
- Preheat an air fryer to 390 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Saute onion on medium heat until softened transfer in the bowl combine ground pork and ground beef, dry onion breadcrumbs, garlic paste, salt, black pepper, egg, fresh thyme, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, Neuman & Neuman, ketchup, and Yellow mustard in a bowl you can use your hands to mix well.
- Press mushrooms on the top of the beef mixture, coat with olive oil transfer this beef mixture to the air fryer basket.
Set timing of air fryer for 25 minutes and roast meatloaf until nicely browned.
- Remove meatloaf from the air fryer, rest at least 10 minutes, then slice and serve and enjoy the delicious taste.
297 calories; protein 24.8g 50% DV; carbohydrates 5.9g 2% DV; fat 18.8g 29% DV; cholesterol 125.5mg 42% DV; sodium 706.5mg 28% DV.
Air Fryer Meatloaf Recipe Notes
What is the secret to moist meatloaf?
The secret lies in the ingredients that you used for making meatloaf. An accurate amount of milk keeps your meatloaf juicy and delicious. In addition to eggs, ketchup not just adds flavors but necessary moisture to your meatloaf.
How long does it take to cook a 2lb meatloaf at 375 degrees?
A 1lb meatloaf will take about 25-30 minutes to cook in oven at 375 degrees. It means that 2lb of meatloaf will take double time that is approximately of 55-60 minutes. However if you cook it at temperature of 160 degree Fahrenheit, it will take 45-50 minutes exact.
Do you cook meatloaf covered or uncovered?
Cooking meatloaf is totally depends upon your recipe. Classic type meatloaf is baked uncovered and a lot of milk is used in the recipe. Milk maintains the moisture tenderness of meatloaf.
You can cover the meatloaf with a piece of aluminum foil during cooking. But uncovered it in last 15 minutes of baking to create a light crispy crust on it.
Do you cover meatloaf with aluminum foil when baking?
Covering choice totally depends on you. Some people covered it with foil to lock the moisture and some keep it uncovered to make its crust crispy. In both ways, meatloaf cooks delicious.
Life is all about finding the right balance in every aspect. Too much of anything is dangerous even if it’s just water. So, if air fryer meatloaf is a big part of your diet, you will reap a lot of health benefits but make sure not to go overboard.