If you’re looking for a quick and easy seafood dish, it doesn’t get much better than frozen clam strips cooked in an air fryer!
Not only are they delicious, but the air fryer makes them nice and crispy on the outside while keeping them juicy and tender on the inside.
Plus, since you’re using frozen strips, there’s no need to worry about cleaning or prepping fresh clams. Let’s take a look at how to cook frozen clam strips in an air fryer.
- 1 How To Cook Frozen Clam Strips in an Air Fryer?
- 2 How Long Should I Cook Clam Strips In an Air fryer?
- 3 What Are Some of The Best Frozen Clam Strips?
- 4 What To Serve Air Fryer Fried Clams With?
- 5 Recipe Notes:
- 6 Some Other FAQs
- 7 Conclusion:
How To Cook Frozen Clam Strips in an Air Fryer?
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to cook frozen clam strips in an air fryer:
The first step is to prepare your air fryer.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F, which should take about 3 minutes.
- Once the temperature has reached 400°F, add 1 tablespoon of oil into the air fryer basket, then spread it out evenly with a paper towel.
- This will help give your clam strips a nice golden color when they come out of the fryer.
2. Cooking Time
Next comes the cooking time! Place your frozen clam strips into the air-fryer basket in a single layer and cook for 8 minutes.
You may want to shake them around after 4 minutes to ensure even cooking.
When finished cooking, remove from the basket and serve with a side of cocktail sauce or tartar sauce for dipping!
3. Temperature Control
It’s important to keep an eye on your temperature as you cook in order to avoid undercooking or overcooking your clams.
If they seem too soft after 8 minutes of cooking at 400°F, try increasing the temperature by 25°F and adding 2 more minutes of cooking time.
For crispier clams, increase both temperature and cooking time by 25°F and 2 more minutes respectively until desired results are achieved.
How Long Should I Cook Clam Strips In an Air fryer?
The cooking time for frozen clam strips in an air fryer is 8 minutes at 400°F.
However, you may need to adjust the temperature or cooking time if your clams seem too soft or too crispy.
What Are Some of The Best Frozen Clam Strips?
Although there are quite a few frozen clam stripes brands out there, these particular ones really stand out to me.
- Costco Store-Brand
- Trader Joe’s Frozen Clam Strips
- SeaPak Clam Strips
- Great Value Clam Strips
What To Serve Air Fryer Fried Clams With?
We’ll discuss some mouth-watering dishes that go perfectly with air fryer-fried clams.
1. Fried Potatoes
Who doesn’t love fried potatoes? They’re crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, making them a great accompaniment for air fryer fried clams.
French fries or tater tots work great here, but if you want to get creative why not try something like potato pancakes or sweet potato wedges? The possibilities are endless!
Coleslaw is an underrated side dish that pairs wonderfully with air fryer fried clams.
Not only does it provide a crunchy contrast against the crispiness of the clams, but it also adds freshness and tanginess to the mix thanks to its creamy dressing.
Plus, it’s super easy to make your own coleslaw at home in just minutes!
3. Seasonal Vegetables
If you want to make your air fryer fried clam dinner healthier, why not add in some seasonal vegetables?
You could try roasting asparagus or Brussels sprouts for an earthy flavor or pan-fry some zucchini slices for some bright summer flavors.
Any type of vegetable can be cooked quickly in an air fryer too – so feel free to experiment!
- Enjoy the convenience of cooking directly from frozen – no thawing required!
- Shake halfway.
- To ensure a golden-brown, crispy crust on your basket, make sure to lightly spritz it with oil.
- For those wishing to cook fresh fish with their own breading, simply increase the cooking time by an additional 10 minutes. The rest of the instructions remain consistent; make sure to flip it halfway through and spritz some oil for extra flavor!
Some Other FAQs
How Do You Make Frozen Clam Strips Crispy in an Air Fryer?
To make frozen clam strips crispy in an air fryer, the key is to cook them at the right temperature for the correct amount of time.
- Start by preheating your air fryer to 400°F and lightly spritzing the basket with oil before adding your frozen clam strips.
- Cook them for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through, and adjust the temperature or cooking time if needed.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces for a delicious and crispy appetizer!
What Is the Difference Between Clams and Clam Strips?
Clams are whole shellfish, while clam strips are prepared from only the white adductor muscle of the clam.
Clam strips also typically have a milder flavor than clams, making them more versatile when cooking with various dishes.
Additionally, they tend to be less expensive than whole clams and require much less preparation time.
Why Are Things Not Getting Crispy in Air Fryer?
If things are not getting crispy in your air fryer, the most likely cause is that you’re using too low of a temperature or cooking for too short of a time.
Try increasing both the temperature and cooking time by 25°F and 2 more minutes respectively until desired results are achieved.
Whether you’re looking for a delicious appetizer or just an easy weeknight meal, frozen clam strips cooked in an air fryer are sure to hit the spot!
With just a few steps of preparation and some simple temperature adjustments during cooking time, these tasty treats can be ready in no time at all – no special skills required!
Give them a try tonight and see for yourself why everyone loves this classic seafood dish cooked up quickly and easily in an air fryer!
There are countless ways you can serve up delicious air fryer fried clams. Whether you prefer classic sides like tartar sauce and lemon wedges or something more creative like roasted vegetables or coleslaw – there’s sure to be something that will tickle your taste buds.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.