If you haven’t heard of cookie dough in an air fryer…you’re missing out! The combination of the crispy outside and wonderfully soft inside makes for one delicious treat.
Plus, with a few ingredients and minimal effort, you can make this sweet treat right at home!
Keep reading to find out how to cook cookie dough in air fryer.
How To Cook Cookie Dough in Air Fryer?
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to cook cookie dough in air fryer:
Step 1: Ingredients:
First, gather the ingredients necessary to make your cookie dough.
You will need:
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Four tablespoons of butter or margarine
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Any extra mix-ins such as chocolate chips or nuts that you would like to add for flavor
Step 2: Preparation:
Next, preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. While it is heating up, mix together all the dry ingredients including the flour, baking soda, and salt until they are combined.
In a separate bowl combine the melted butter or margarine with both sugars until they are creamed together.
Then add in the milk or cream and vanilla extract until everything is well combined.
After that is done slowly add in the dry ingredient mix until it forms a thick dough consistency.
At this point, you can fold in any extra mix-ins that you want as well as some sprinkles if desired.
Step 3: Air Fry!
Once everything has been properly mixed together use either a spoon or ice cream scoop to create small balls of cookie dough and place them on parchment paper in your air fryer basket.
Make sure that the balls of cookie dough are not too close together as they need room to expand while cooking without sticking together.
Cook them for 4 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then remove them from your air fryer basket onto a plate lined with parchment paper before allowing them to cool slightly before enjoying!
Can I Put Parchment Paper for Cookies in the Air Fryer?
Yes, parchment paper is safe to use in the air fryer when making cookies.
Not only does it prevent sticking but it also stops any crumbs from burning onto the bottom of your basket.
As long as you make sure that nothing touches the heating element lined at the back of your air fryer then parchment paper should be perfectly fine!
How Many Cookies Can I Air Fry at a Time?
The number of cookies you can air fry at one time will depend on the size of your air fryer.
Generally, it’s best to cook no more than 8-10 cookies at once so that nothing touches them and they are given enough room to expand while cooking.
Make sure you also leave a bit of space between each cookie as well for optimal results!
How Long Does to Air Fry Cookie Dough?
For most types of cookie dough, the optimal time to air fry is 4 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. This should give you cookies that are crisp on the outside and wonderfully soft in the middle.
If you find that your cookies are still too soft in the center, then simply increase the cooking time by an additional minute or two until they reach your desired consistency.
How to Cook Cookie Dough in Air Fryer Without Parchment Paper?
If you don’t have parchment paper, then you can use aluminum foil or a silicone baking mat in your air fryer instead.
Both options will work just as well to prevent sticking and keep the cookies from burning on the bottom of the basket.
How to Air Fry Pillsbury Cookie Dough?
Air frying Pillsbury cookie dough is easy and only takes a few minutes!
Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut the cookie dough into small pieces, place them in the air fryer basket, and cook for 4-5 minutes until they are golden brown.
Enjoy your freshly cooked homemade cookies!
How to Make Air Fryer Cookie Dough Balls?
Read on to find out how to make air fryer cookie dough balls.
1. Ingredients Needed
To get started, here are the ingredients you’ll need to make air fryer cookie dough balls:
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
• 3/4 cup light brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons milk or cream
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Optional: 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips or other mix-ins (nuts, sprinkles, etc.)
Once you have all your ingredients gathered and prepped, it’s time to start making the cookie dough balls. Here are the steps you’ll need to take:
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat together the butter and light brown sugar until creamy and combined (about 1 minute). Beat in the milk and vanilla extract until combined.
- With the mixer running on low speed, slowly add in the dry ingredients until everything is just combined. Stir in any mix-ins at this point if desired.
- Roll 1 tablespoon amounts of dough into balls and place them on parchment paper-lined baking sheets (you should get about 18 cookie dough balls). Place them in the freezer for about 5 minutes or until hardened slightly.
- Working one at a time place each cookie dough ball onto the preheated air fryer basket or tray. Make sure there is space between each ball as they will expand during cooking.
- Cook for 6 minutes at 350°F then flip each cookie dough ball over before continuing to cook for another 4 minutes at 350°F or until golden brown around the edges (cooking times may vary depending on the air fryer model).
- Allow cookie dough balls to cool before serving or storing leftovers in an airtight container for up to one week at room temperature or for up to two months frozen.
Tips on How to Cook Cookie Dough in Air Fryer
1. Preheat the Air Fryer:
Preheating an air fryer is a crucial part of baking in one. This ensures that the heat is evenly distributed throughout the cavity so that your cookies or other baked goods come out perfectly cooked.
2. Use Air Fryer Parchment:
Using parchment paper with perforations inside the air fryer helps keep your baked goods from sticking to the bottom of the basket, but also helps improve air circulation, resulting in even baking.
3. Let Frozen Dough Come to Room Temperature:
If you’re air-frying frozen dough, such as cookie dough, let it sit out at room temperature for 10 minutes before popping them into the basket.
Doing this will help spread out your cookies a bit more during cooking.
If you don’t have time for this step, freezing still works – just expect taller and rounder-shaped cookies!
4. Do a Test with One Cookie:
The strength of air fryers can vary quite a bit, so I recommend doing a test run with one cookie before baking off the entire batch.
See how long it takes for that one cookie to cook and adjust accordingly (either increase or decrease the temperature by 20-25 degrees F or increase/decrease time by 1-2 minutes).
By doing this test run first, you’ll ensure that all your cookies come out perfectly cooked every single time!
Making cookie dough in an air fryer is an easy way to enjoy this sweet treat without having to worry about turning on an oven or spending hours making batches upon batches of cookies from scratch!
Making delicious air fryer cookie dough couldn’t be easier! With just a few simple ingredients and some easy steps, you can have tasty treats ready for snacking any time of day!
Plus since they’re made with an air fryer instead of an oven they’re healthier too!
So why not give this recipe a try? The kids will love it and you’ll love how quick and easy it is!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.