Whether you’re celebrating with a basket of hot, delicious fries or cooking up something a little more adventurous, we hope you have a great weekend. In honor of the occasion, we’re giving you a step-by-step guide on how to clean your home deep fryer.
Methods Of Washing A Home Deep Fryer
There are two methods to clean a home deep fryer.
- With vinegar and baking soda
- Using a deep fryer degreaser
With Vinegar And Baking Soda
The best way to clean a home deep fryer is by using a mixture of vinegar and baking soda. First, pour in enough vinegar to cover the bottom of the fryer. Next, add in baking soda until it forms a thick paste. Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes before scrubbing it clean with a brush. Be sure to rinse the fryer thoroughly afterward.
Using A Deep Fryer Degreaser
Another way to clean a home deep fryer is by using a commercial degreaser. Pour the degreaser into the fryer and let it sit for 30 minutes before scrubbing it clean with a brush. Be sure to rinse the fryer thoroughly afterward.
Finally, you can also clean a home deep fryer by running it through the dishwasher. Just be sure to place it on the top rack so that the heating element does not come into contact with any of the water.
No matter which method you choose, be sure to clean your deep fryer regularly so that it stays free of bacteria and smells.
Step By Step Guide Of How To Clean A Deep Fryer
It doesn’t matter what method you are using, but every method needs a step-by-step guide to clean a deep fryer properly. You might also be interested in our guide on how to get deep fryer smell out of your house?. The following steps will help you to clean your home deep fryer.
Cleaning Basket And Removeable Oil Containers
- First, unplug the deep fryer before cleaning it. Don’t ever clean a deep fryer while plugging in.
- Now that the deep fryer is unplugged, drain the oil out of the deep fryer. Put the oil in a safe container for reuse. If you can’t reuse the oil dispose of it.
- You will want to remove the oil container and basket. Depending on your model, whether you deep fryer has removable oil container or not.
- Once you remove the oil container and basket, check for any loose debris inside the oil container. Use a slotted spoon or fork to remove any large pieces.
- Next, fill the pot or basket with warm soapy water. Add a little dish soap to help break down any oils or grease. Let it soak for about 15 minutes.
- After the soaking time is up, use a brush or sponge to scrub off any remaining debris. Rinse with warm water and dry thoroughly.
Cleaning Deep Fryer Unit
- Wipe off the heating element if necessary. If it’s removable, you can soak it in warm soapy water as well.
- Rinse everything off with clean water and let it air dry. Don’t forget to plug the deep fryer back in and turn it on to heat the oil before using it again.
- Wipe the outer surface with a wet towel to clean the dust, oil sparkles, or grease from there. Use a dishwasher if necessary.
- Fill the pot with water, heat it to the boiling point, then pour it into the oil pot or fryer. Wait for a while and use the brush to clean the bottom of the oil pot.
- Pour out the dirty water, refill the pot with clean water, and heat it to the boiling point again. Use a slotted spoon or fork to remove any food bits inside.
- Use a deep fryer degreaser or vinegar and soda on the oil container if there is still some sticky oil on it. And leave it for thirty minutes. Then rinse it with a soft sponge.
- Now fill the fryer with clean water and rinse the soap from the wall by hand. Then empty the pot and repeat it until the pot/fryer is clean from soap.
- Then dry it thoroughly. Use a dry towel for the outer surface and let air dry the inner area. Do not use it unless it is thoroughly dry to avoid electric sparks.
- Reattach the pot or basket and plug in the deep fryer. Let it heat up for a few minutes so the oils can coat the cooking surfaces. Then you’re ready to start cooking again.
How Do You Remove Sticky Oil From A Deep Fryer?
There are a few ways that you can remove sticky oil from a deep fryer. One way is to use a degreaser and scrub the inside of the fryer. Another way is to use hot water and dish soap to break down the grease.
You can also try using vinegar or baking soda to help break down the grease. Whichever way you choose, make sure to clean the fryer thoroughly so that the oil does not build up and create a fire hazard.
Daily Maintenance Of Deep Fryer
The deep fryer is a convenient way to cook food, but it can be a bit of a hassle to clean. Thankfully, some tips can make the job easier.
1. Drain Oil And Remove Food Particles
The first step is to remove any food particles from the fryer. Use a slotted spoon or tongs to remove them, and then discard them in the trash.
2. Fill The Warm Water And Dish Soap
Next, fill the fryer with warm water and add a few drops of dish soap. Leave for a few minutes so that the food particles can loosen. Then use a scrub brush to scrub the inside of the fryer.
3. Rinse The Fryer
Be sure to rinse the fryer thoroughly afterward. Use hot water, if possible, as it will help remove any remaining food particles.
4. Dry The Fryer
Finally, dry the fryer with a paper towel. This process will help prevent bacteria from growing.
How Do You Degrease A Fryer?
One way to degrease a fryer is to fill it with hot water and add a tablespoon of dish soap. Let it sit for a few minutes, then scrub the inside with a brush. Rinse thoroughly and dry with a paper towel.
You can also use a commercial degreaser or make your own by mixing dish soap with vinegar. Pour the mixture into the fryer and let it sit for a few minutes. Then scrub with a brush and rinse thoroughly. Dry with a paper towel.
How Do You Clean The Oil Filter On A Deep Fryer?
To clean the oil filter on a deep fryer, remove it and rinse it with hot water. Then use a paper towel to wipe it dry. If it is dirty, you can scrub it with a brush. Reinstall the filter and make sure it is tight.
Cleaning a deep fryer can be a bit of a hassle, but following the tips above can help you do your job efficiently. A deep fryer is a daily use appliance it needs its maintenance to function accurately. So make sure to clean it thoroughly to use it for a long time.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.