Looking for a delicious and easy way to make sausage balls? Look no further than your air fryer!
Air fryers are the perfect appliance for quickly cooking delicious snacks like sausage balls.
But how long to cook air fryer sausage balls? Here is how to just do that.
- 1 How Long To Cook Air Fryer Sausage Balls?
- 2 How Do You Know When Air Fryer Sausage Balls Are Done?
- 3 Can I Make Air Fryer Sausage Balls Ahead and Freeze Them?
- 4 Do Air Fryer Sausage Balls Need to Be Refrigerated?
- 5 Can You Overcook Air Fryer Sausage Balls?
- 6 How Do You Mix up the Sausage Balls?
- 7 Side Dishes For Air Fryer Sausage:
- 8 How to Reheat Air Fryer Sausage Balls?
- 9 Sausage Ball Variations
- 10 Conclusion:
How Long To Cook Air Fryer Sausage Balls?
The time it takes to cook sausage balls in an air fryer depends on several factors, including the size of the sausage ball, the type of air fryer you have, and how hot your air fryer gets.
Generally speaking, it’s best to cook sausage balls at a temperature of 350°F for 15-20 minutes. If your sausage balls are very small, you may need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- For best results, preheat your air fryer before adding in the sausage balls. This will help ensure that they cook evenly.
- You’ll also want to give them a quick spray of oil before adding them to the basket. This will help them get nice and crispy as they cook!
- Lastly, be sure to shake or flip them halfway through cooking so that all sides get evenly cooked and golden brown.
How Do You Know When Air Fryer Sausage Balls Are Done?
The ideal way to tell when sausage balls are done cooking in the air fryer is to check their internal temperature with a meat thermometer.
Sausage balls should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F before they’re safe to eat.
Once they reach this temperature, you can remove them from the air fryer and enjoy them!
Can I Make Air Fryer Sausage Balls Ahead and Freeze Them?
Yes, you can make air fryer sausage balls ahead of time and freeze them for later.
- To do this, simply roll the sausage mixture into balls and place them on a baking sheet.
- Put the baking sheet in the freezer until the sausage balls are completely frozen.
- Then, transfer them to an airtight container or Ziploc bag and store them in the freezer for up to three months.
- When you’re ready to cook them, just pop them into the air fryer and follow the instructions above.
Do Air Fryer Sausage Balls Need to Be Refrigerated?
Any sausage balls that are left over should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
They should be consumed within 2-3 days of cooking for optimal safety and flavor.
Can You Overcook Air Fryer Sausage Balls?
Yes, it is possible to overcook air fryer sausage balls. If you cook them for too long or at too high a temperature, they can become dry and hard.
To avoid this, keep a close eye on them while they’re cooking and take them out of the air fryer when they reach 165°F.
How Do You Mix up the Sausage Balls?
To mix up the sausage balls, you’ll need to combine ground sausage with biscuit mix and any desired seasonings or spices.
Mix everything together until it’s completely combined, then roll it into small balls and cook in your air fryer as directed above.
Side Dishes For Air Fryer Sausage:
Here’s a look at some of the best side dishes for air fryer sausage balls that pair perfectly.
1. Roasted Veggies
Roasted veggies are the perfect accompaniment to air fryer sausage balls. Roasting brings out all of the natural flavors of the vegetables while creating an amazing crunchy texture.
Pair your favorite air fryer roasted veggies, like Brussels sprouts or asparagus, with air fryer sausage balls for a delicious and healthy meal.
A simple salad is also a great way to round out your meal. Salads come in so many different varieties that you can easily find one that suits your taste buds!
Try pairing air fryer sausage balls with a classic Caesar salad or opt for something lighter like a quinoa and kale salad.
3. Baked Potatoes
Baked potatoes are always a crowd-pleaser!
Not only do they pair perfectly with air fryer sausage balls, but they’re also incredibly versatile and can be topped with virtually anything from cheese to bacon bits.
You can even try making twice-baked potatoes for an extra special treat!
How to Reheat Air Fryer Sausage Balls?
All you need to do is preheat your air fryer to 350°F and place the frozen sausage balls in the basket.
- Make sure they are spread out evenly so that they cook through properly.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until heated through, stirring every few minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Once they are heated through, you can serve them as desired! Enjoy your delicious air fryer sausage balls!
Sausage Ball Variations
One great thing about making sausage balls in an air fryer is that you can experiment with different flavors and seasonings without needing any extra equipment!
Try mixing up some traditional Italian seasoning with Parmesan cheese for a classic flavor combination, or add in some cilantro and jalapeños for a Mexican-inspired twist.
The possibilities are endless!
Just be sure not to overload your mixture with too many additions – too much moisture can lead to soggy sausage balls when cooked in an air fryer.
There’s no wrong way to make delicious air-fried sausage balls! Keep these tips in mind when making this tasty treat so that you can enjoy perfectly cooked sausage balls every single time.
With just a few simple ingredients and minimal effort, you can whip up an impressive snack or appetizer that everyone will love!
No matter what side dishes you choose to serve alongside your air fryer sausage balls, you’re sure to have an amazing meal on your hands!
From roasted veggies to salads and baked potatoes, there are plenty of options to choose from when it comes to creating the perfect accompaniments for your tasty snack.
So don’t hesitate – get creative and start experimenting today!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.