Here we’ll discuss all things related to cooking Cornish hens in an air fryer: how long to cook a cornish hen in an air fryer, what ingredients compliment it best, as well as some tips on making sure your poultry-based dish comes out perfectly golden brown and juicy every time.
So let’s get started with getting dinner prepared—and don’t forget the side of steamed veggies!
- 1 How Long To Cook a Cornish Hen in an Air Fryer?
- 2 How To Store an Air-Fried Cornish Hen?
- 3 How Do You Cook a Frozen Cornish Hen in an Air Fryer?
- 4 How to Prep Cornish Hens for Freezing?
- 5 How To Know When a Cornish Hen is Ready?
- 6 What To Serve With Air Fryer Cornish Hen?
- 7 Top Tips:
- 8 Conclusion:
How Long To Cook a Cornish Hen in an Air Fryer?
Cooking a Cornish hen in an air fryer is an easy and quick way to make a delicious meal. The key is to adjust the cooking time depending on the size of your bird.
Here’s how long to cook a cornish hen in an air fryer:
Smaller birds may take as little as 12 minutes while larger birds can take up to 18 minutes.
To ensure that your Cornish hen is cooked through, make sure to check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer. The chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 75°C (165°F).
When cooking your Cornish hen in the air fryer, it’s important to season it first for maximum flavor! Rub it all over with olive oil and then sprinkle on some salt, pepper, and your favorite spices. You can also add lemon slices or herbs to the cavity of the hen for extra flavor.
How To Store an Air-Fried Cornish Hen?
When you’re done cooking your Cornish hen in the air fryer, it’s important to store it properly.
- Allow the bird to cool completely before transferring it to an airtight container or resealable bag.
- Store the chicken in the refrigerator for up to four days or freeze it for up to three months.
- When ready to eat, let the chicken thaw in the refrigerator and then reheat it in an oven or air fryer.
How Do You Cook a Frozen Cornish Hen in an Air Fryer?
Cooking a frozen Cornish hen in an air fryer is simple and can save you time.
- Start by preheating the air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Once it’s heated, place the frozen bird in the air fryer basket and cook for 25 minutes.
- Then reduce the temperature to 350°F (175°C) and continue cooking for an additional 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 75°C (165°F).
- Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!
How to Prep Cornish Hens for Freezing?
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy dinner, frozen cornish hens are the way to go. Not only are they convenient, but they make a great meal in minutes.
Once prepped correctly, freezing your cornish hens is easy and can help you save time.
Let’s look at how to prep cornish hens for freezing so you can enjoy them whenever you want!
Step 1: Cleaning the Cornish Hens
The first step when prepping cornish hens for freezing is to make sure they are completely dry before adding any seasonings.
This means taking out all of the innards that come with the hen and patting them down with a paper towel or cloth.
Removing any excess moisture from the skin will help ensure that your frozen hens get nice and crisp when cooking.
Step 2: Adding Seasonings
Once your cornish hens are dry, it’s time to add some delicious seasonings.
Some of our favorite combinations include garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, oregano, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. You can also experiment with different herbs or spices depending on what flavors you prefer!
Make sure each bird is evenly seasoned before putting them in the freezer so it can get nice and flavorful while they thaw.
Step 3: Wrapping Up Your Birds
After seasoning your birds, it’s best to wrap them up individually in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before placing them in the freezer.
This will help keep air out which prevents freezer burn and will also help lock in flavor and moisture while keeping your birds from sticking together in the freezer.
How To Know When a Cornish Hen is Ready?
Are you feeling scientific today? If so, make sure your chicken is cooked at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit with the help of a meat thermometer.
But if you’re like us and just can’t wait any longer for dinner, then utilize an easier method: cut into the thigh and check that clear juices are released; additionally, take note of the golden brown skin!
What To Serve With Air Fryer Cornish Hen?
Read on for some ideas on the best side dishes to serve with air fryer cornish hen.
1. Roasted Carrots and Parsnips
As far as sides go, roasted carrots and parsnips are always a classic choice.
To get that perfectly cooked texture, place carrots and parsnips on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle olive oil over them, then sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
Place in a preheated oven (400°F) for about 30 minutes or until tender and golden brown. Enjoy!
2. Crispy Potatoes
Potatoes are a great accompaniment to any meal, and they’re especially good when they’re crispy!
To make crispy potatoes, cut them into cubes or wedges and place them in a bowl.
Add olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper; mix everything together until the potatoes are evenly coated.
Place potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or aluminum foil) and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Yum!
3. Roasted Asparagus
Asparagus is often overlooked as an easy side dish but it’s actually quite delicious!
To roast asparagus in the oven, preheat your oven to 425°F. Trim off the tough ends of the asparagus stalks; then place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
Drizzle olive oil over the top of the asparagus; season with salt and pepper if desired; then roast for 10-15 minutes or until tender-crisp. Delicious!
- Transform the taste of this recipe with a variety of seasonings to your liking. For example, Italian seasoning can be quite delightful while poultry seasoning is also ideal. What’s great about varying spices and herbs is that they will yield an entirely new flavor each time you experiment!
- Don’t fail to preheat your air fryer – it’s crucial! Though some recipes don’t need any preheating, this one does. Make sure you take the appropriate steps before getting started on cooking.
- To ensure your hens are evenly cooked, you should let them sit at room temperature for at least 30-40 minutes before air frying.
- Use parchment lining for the air fryer basket for much easier clean-up and to help with a nonstick surface.
- For precise accuracy, always rely on a thermometer to confirm that your Cornish game hen is cooked through. This will guarantee the best results and ensure you’re serving delicious food!
So now you know that how long to cook a cornish hen in an air fryer, don’t forget about including these tips while making your perfectly cooked air fryer cornish hen + with these delicious side dishes, you can turn your air fryer cornish hen into an unforgettable meal that everyone will love!
Roasted carrots and parsnips give you sweetness while crispy potatoes add crunchiness to your dinner plate.
And don’t forget about roasted asparagus – it adds color plus flavor too! So grab your ingredients from your local grocery store and get cooking – it’s time for dinner! Bon Appétit!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.