If you’re looking for a quick and tasty meal that won’t take too much time or effort to prepare, then you should definitely try cooking frozen steak in air fryer.
This method allows you to cook delicious steak without having to thaw it first, saving time and energy.
Plus, it yields a juicy steak with a crispy exterior. Let’s get started!
Frozen Steak in Air Fryer Recipe
Here’s how to make air fryer frozen steak:
1. Ingredients & Supplies Needed
To get started, you will need the following ingredients and supplies:
- 2 frozen steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Olive oil (or other high-heat cooking oil)
- Air fryer
- Cooking thermometer (optional but recommended)
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°
- Once the air fryer is preheated, season the steaks generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Drizzle olive oil over both sides of the steaks, then use your hands or a pastry brush to spread it evenly over all surfaces of the meat.
- Place the steaks in the air fryer basket, making sure they are not touching one another or any edges of the basket itself.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 400°F for medium-rare steak (for medium steak cook for 18 minutes
Remove from the air fryer and let rest for 5 minutes before serving! Enjoy!
Or you can just follow the tutorial below:
How Long Do You Cook Frozen Steak in Air Fryer?
Cooking frozen steak in an air fryer requires a slightly different approach than other cooking methods.
The general rule of thumb is that if you’re cooking a 5-ounce steak, you should cook it for 15 minutes at 400°F for medium-rare steak (for medium steak cook for 18 minutes).
For larger or thicker steaks, you may need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
It is always best to use a cooking thermometer for the most accurate results.
Can You Season Air Fryer Frozen Steak?
Yes, you can season frozen steak before cooking.
- Simply season your steaks with salt and pepper on both sides, then drizzle olive oil over the steaks to help the seasoning stick.
- Use your hands or a pastry brush to spread it evenly over all surfaces of the meat. This will add flavor and also help to create a crispy exterior once the steak is cooked.
Is Frozen Steak as Good as Fresh?
Frozen steak can be just as good as fresh, but it requires a bit more care and attention to ensure that it is cooked properly.
The key is to season your steaks generously with salt and pepper before cooking and make sure to use an accurate cooking thermometer if necessary.
With the right technique, you’ll end up with juicy, delicious steak.
What to Serve With Air Fryer Frozen Steak?
Let’s explore the perfect pairings for air fryer frozen steak.
1. Starch Options
The most obvious option when pairing your air fryer frozen steak is to serve it with a side of potatoes.
Roasted potatoes, mashed potatoes, sweet potato fries – any type of potato will do!
The key is to make sure they are cooked just right so that they don’t become too soft or mushy.
For added flavor, try tossing them in herbs and spices before cooking them in the air fryer.
2. Vegetable Options
If you’d like to add some more color to your plate, try serving your air fryer frozen steak with some steamed or roasted veggies.
Roasted cauliflower or Brussels sprouts pair nicely with steak, as does steamed broccoli or asparagus.
Or if you want something lighter and more flavorful, try a fresh salad of mixed greens topped with some diced tomatoes, cucumbers, and other fresh vegetables of your choice.
2. Sauce Options
You may also want to consider adding some sauce to your dish for an extra kick of flavor.
A classic red wine sauce goes well with many types of beef dishes and can be prepared easily in advance or even purchased pre-made from the store.
Other options include béarnaise sauce made with butter, garlic, shallots, parsley, and white wine; bordelaise sauce made with red wine; or chimichurri sauce made with olive oil, garlic, and oregano.
Do I Need to Thaw Steak Before Air Frying?
No, you do not need to thaw the steak before air frying.
As long as your frozen steak is properly seasoned and cooked at the correct temperature for the right amount of time, it will come out perfectly cooked with a delicious crispy exterior!
Just make sure to use an accurate thermometer if necessary.
Do I Preheat the Air Fryer When Cooking Frozen Steak in Air fryer?
Yes, it is best to preheat the air fryer when cooking frozen steak in air fryer.
This will help ensure even cooking and a crispy exterior.
- Preheat your air fryer for about 5 minutes at 400°F before adding your steaks.
- Once the steaks have been added, cook them for 15 minutes (for medium-rare steak) or 18 minutes (for medium steak).
- Again, if you are using a larger or thicker cut of steak, you may need to adjust the cooking time accordingly. Use an accurate thermometer to ensure that the steaks reach the desired internal temperature before serving.
How Long Does It Take To Make Well-Done Frozen Steak in Air Fryer?
It typically takes about 20 minutes to cook a well-done frozen steak in air fryer.
Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400°F before adding the steak, then cook for 18-20 minutes until it reaches an internal temperature of 160°F.
Use an accurate thermometer to ensure that the steak is cooked properly.
Steak Cooking Temperatures:
No matter how you’re cooking your steaks, the temperatures for the level of doneness are always the same.
Here’s a quick list so you have it handy while you’re making this recipe!
- Rare – 120°F/50°C – This steak is red and warm or slightly cool in the center.
- Medium Rare – 130°F/54°C – If you want a warm red center, medium rare should be your order.
- Medium – 140°F/60°C- A medium steak is more firm, and hot in the center with a hot pink color.
- Medium Well – 150°F/65°C – Not quite well done, but almost there!
- Well Done – 160°F/70°C – A well-done steak is no longer red on the inside, and is firm and dry in texture.
Air fryer frozen steak is a great way to get dinner on the table quickly without sacrificing taste or quality.
Best of all, there are plenty of delicious options when it comes to side dishes that will perfectly complement the steak on your plate.
Whether you opt for roasted potatoes or fresh salad greens tossed in a homemade vinaigrette – the possibilities are almost endless!
So grab that frozen steak out of the freezer tonight and start planning out what sides will go best!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.