One of the best ways to cook chicken breast is by using a pressure fryer. This cooking method uses high temperatures and pressure to cook the food quickly and evenly. In this article, we will show you how long to cook chicken breast in pressure fryer.
- 1 How Long To Cook Chicken Breast In Pressure Fryer
- 2 How To Fry Chicken Breast In A Pressure Fryer
- 3 Benefits of Pressure Frying Chicken
- 4 Is Pressured Fried Chicken Healthy?
- 5 How Long To Cook Chicken Breast In A Pressure Fryer – Conclusion
How Long To Cook Chicken Breast In Pressure Fryer
A pressure fryer is a cooking appliance that uses high-pressure jets of hot oil to cook food quickly. The high temperatures and pressure help to seal the flavor and juices of the food.
Pressure frying was invented somewhere around the 1930s. It speeds up the frying process before KFC founder switched to using Pressure fryer customers had to wait in line for over 45 minutes at least to get their orders. The pressure fryer was first used in commercial kitchens, but they have become more and more popular for home use in recent years.
When it comes to pressure fryers, there is a lot of debate about how long chicken breast should be cooked. The consensus seems to be that around 8 minutes is the perfect amount of time for most chicken breasts, but it may vary depending on the thickness and size of your meat.
History Of Pressure Fryer
During that time, the process of making a chicken in a pressure fryer was like this:
- First, pour the oil and bring it to a temperature of 300 to 400°F.
- Coat the raw chicken with the breading
- Place it in a cooking compound, and the oil temperature drops to 250 to 270 °F.
- Now the chicken is brown, while the inside is raw. Seal the lid and the pressure would build up to 15 psi.
- Building pressure takes about 1 to 2 minutes
- Maintained this pressure and temperature for 8 minutes.
- Ventilate the pot and drain the chicken
- Now, ready to serve
Now interestingly, modern pressure fryers work at a lower temperature. Chicken can be cooked at around 5 PSI, or only 223°F than at Sanders time. This is because in 1966 when Colonel Sanders developed his pressure frying technique, the chickens were much tougher. Older chickens mean more collagen (chewy connective tissues), which means a longer cook time and/or a higher temperature is necessary to make the chicken tender.
So, anywhere between 5 minutes to 20 minutes you can cook the chicken breast depending on your operation efficacy and the product you have.
How To Fry Chicken Breast In A Pressure Fryer
Now that you know what a pressure fryer is, let’s learn how to use it to fry chicken. There is two procedure needed to be considered one is the breading procedure and the pressure frying procedure. Let’s look at the breading procedure first, here are the steps:
- Clean and trim the product according to the need
- Place the chicken in cool water, this will help the breading to be fully coated onto the chicken.
- Drain all the water before dumping it into the breading
- Toss the chicken into the breading and use both of your hands to coat thoroughly.
- Remove the excess breading by holding the chicken in one hand and sake a bit.
- Place the breaded chicken on a sheet pan with the grid.
This was the breading process. Now, that the product is ready to fry. It can be fried right away or can be left for 10 minutes to 24 hours before frying. In case it’s more than 2 hours it’s better to leave it in the fridge. Now let’s look at the pressure frying procedure:
1. Heat The Pressure Fryer To 375°F
The first step is to heat the pressure fryer. Once it has reached the desired temperature, add the oil. We recommend using light oil such as canola or vegetable oil.
2. Season The Chicken With Your Favourite Spices
Next, season the chicken with your favorite spices. We recommend using a blend of spices such as cumin, paprika, and chili powder.
3. Place The Chicken In The Pressure Fryer
Then, add the chicken to the hot oil and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Use the basket handle to stir.
4. Close The Lid
Close the lid and lock the spindle. Set the time or activate controls to cook for 10 minutes 30 seconds
5. Remove From The Fryer And Serve
Wait till the pressure drops to zero, realize the spindle and raise the lid. Use the basket lid to lift the chicken out of the shortening and place it in a heated holding cabinet. Allow it to drain on a paper towel. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
That’s how easy it is to fry chicken in a pressure fryer! This cooking method produces juicy and crispy chicken that everyone will love. So, give it a try today!
Benefits of Pressure Frying Chicken
There are several benefits of pressure frying chicken. First, cook the chicken quickly and evenly, ensuring that it is cooked through. Second, it produces crispy chicken that is not greasy. Third, it uses less oil than traditional frying methods, making it a healthier option. Let’s look at some of the benefits in-depth;
1. Quick And Even Cooking
One of the biggest benefits of using a pressure fryer is that it cooks food quickly and evenly. This means that you won’t have to worry about food being overcooked or undercooked.
2. Seals In Flavors And Juices
The pressure of the fryer helps to seal in the flavors and juices of the food. This results in a more flavorful and nutritious meal.
3. Uses Less Oil
A pressure fryer uses less oil than other cooking methods, such as frying or baking. This means that you’ll be able to cook food with less fat and fewer calories.
4. Safe And Easy To Use
The pressure fryer is a safe and easy-to-use appliance. It has several safety features that make it perfect for use in the home kitchen.
5. Pressure Frying Produce Consistent Results
Since pressure frying uses a set amount of heat and pressure, it produces consistent results every time. This means that you can rely on your pressure fryer to cook food evenly and perfectly every time.
6. Food Comes Out Crispy On The Outside
Thanks to the high pressure and intense heat, food cooked in a pressure fryer come out nice and crispy on the outside while staying moist and tender on the inside.
Is Pressured Fried Chicken Healthy?
Pressure frying chicken is a healthy cooking method that produces juicy and crispy chicken. However, like all cooking methods, it has its pros and cons. Here are the pros of pressure frying chicken:
- Cook the chicken quickly and evenly, ensuring that it is cooked through.
- Produces crispy chicken that is not greasy.
- It uses less oil than traditional frying methods, making it a healthier option.
Here are the cons of pressure frying chicken:
- It can be a bit difficult to get the hang of at first.
- High temperatures and pressure can be dangerous if not handled properly.
It takes about 20 minutes to fry the chicken in an oil that is heated for over 375°F. Fry till the thermometer has reached 180°F and breading is golden brown.
How Long To Cook Chicken Breast In A Pressure Fryer – Conclusion
A pressure fryer is a safe and easy-to-use appliance that can be used to cook a variety of foods, including chicken, fish, vegetables, and desserts. It’s a cost-effective way to cook food and it’s perfect for small kitchens. In this article, we’ve shown you how long to cook chicken breast in a pressure fryer. The process is simple and only takes 10 minutes.