Air fryers are a popular kitchen appliance for preparing delicious, healthy meals that require minimal oil or fat.
If you’re wondering whether it is possible to bake cinnamon rolls in an air fryer, then this blog post has all the answers.
Can You Bake Cinnamon Rolls in an Air Fryer?
The answer is yes! An air fryer is perfectly capable of baking cinnamon rolls.
However, there are certain tips and tricks you should keep in mind before attempting this task.
- First off, preheat your air fryer so that it’s already at the correct temperature when you place your cinnamon rolls inside.
- Then lightly spray the basket of your air fryer with non-stick cooking spray and place your cinnamon rolls inside (you may need to cut them into smaller portions if they don’t fit).
- Finally, set the timer on your appliance as directed for baking cinnamon rolls in an oven, and watch as your delicious treats cook up quickly and evenly!
How To Make Cinnamon Rolls in an Air Fryer?
This quick and easy recipe takes just thirty minutes to make, so you can enjoy sweet, gooey cinnamon rolls without having to spend hours in the kitchen.
Keep reading to learn how you can make these delicious treats in your air fryer.
1. Ingredients You’ll Need:
To make air fryer cinnamon rolls, you’ll need one tube of pre-made cinnamon roll dough (or your favorite homemade recipe), 1/4 cup butter or margarine, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, and one teaspoon of vanilla extract.
You’ll also need a small mixing bowl and an air fryer.
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut each roll of dough into six equal pieces and place them in the bottom of the air fryer basket.
3. In a small bowl, combine butter or margarine with brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract until it forms a thick paste. Spread this mixture over each piece of dough before placing the basket in the air fryer for fifteen minutes.
4. After fifteen minutes have elapsed, remove the basket from the air fryer and let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Air-fried cinnamon rolls can be stored at room temperature for up to three days in an airtight container or frozen for up to three months for later enjoyment.
How Long Do You Air Fry Frozen Cinnamon Rolls?
It typically takes between 10-12 minutes to air fry frozen cinnamon rolls.
However, the exact time may vary depending on your particular model and the size of the cinnamon rolls.
Be sure to check the individual instructions that come with the product you are using for more accurate cooking times.
Are Cinnamon Rolls Better in the Oven or Air Fryer?
Let’s explore both options and determine whether an oven or air fryer is the ultimate tool for producing perfect cinnamon rolls.
1. Oven-Baked Cinnamon Rolls:
The traditional method of making cinnamon rolls involves baking them in an oven.
- This requires preheating the oven to the specified temperature before you can even begin preparing your dough.
- Once your dough is ready, you can usually bake it at 350°F for around 20-25 minutes depending on how big your rolls are and how browned you want them to get.
- After baking, let your rolls cool for a few minutes before adding any icing or glaze.
Oven-baked cinnamon rolls often have a slightly crisp texture on top that contrasts nicely against their soft interior, creating a delicious combination that many people love.
Additionally, baking in an oven gives you total control over how long and how hot you’re baking your cinnamon rolls so that you can get exactly the results you want every time.
2. Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
Air fryers are all the rage right now, and some bakers swear by using them to make perfectly cooked cinnamon rolls.
- All you need to do is preheat your air fryer before placing your uncooked dough inside and setting it to cook at 375°F for 7-10 minutes (depending on size).
- Check periodically throughout cooking as needed until they reach your desired level of doneness—just be sure not to overcook them!
- As with oven-baked cinnamon rolls, let them cool slightly before serving with any desired toppings or glazes.
An air fryer requires far less time than an oven would—you can prepare and cook delicious cinnamon rolls in around 15 minutes!
Additionally, because air fryers use the rapid circulation of hot air, they tend to produce perfectly even results without having to worry about burning or unevenly cooked spots like one might experience when using an oven.
This makes it much easier for novice bakers to get consistent results every single time without worrying about burning their creations!
Can You Air Fry Frozen Cinnamon Rolls?
Yes, you can definitely air-fry frozen cinnamon rolls!
All you need to do is preheat your air fryer to 375°F and place the frozen rolls in the basket.
Cook for 10-12 minutes and enjoy!
Be sure to check periodically throughout cooking time as desired until they reach your desired level of doneness.
What Temperature Should Cinnamon Rolls Be When Fully Cooked?
For those who are baking their own homemade cinnamon rolls, there is nothing more important than making sure they come out of the oven cooked to perfection.
The ideal internal temperature for a fully cooked cinnamon roll is 210 degrees Fahrenheit.
If your thermometer reads any lower than this, it’s time to pop them back in the oven for a few moments longer – but no more after that, or else you risk drying them out and losing all of that sweet flavor.
Remember to bring a little extra patience when baking, as quality cannot be rushed!
Should You Use Parchment Paper for Cinnamon Rolls in the Air Fryer?
Parchment paper is generally not necessary when air frying cinnamon rolls, as the basket of the air fryer should be non-stick and easy to clean.
However, parchment paper may come in handy if you find that your rolls are sticking to the bottom of the basket – simply lay down a piece of parchment paper before placing your cinnamon rolls in the basket and they should come out nice and clean when finished.
Additionally, parchment paper may be used to line the tray of your air fryer so that any drips or spills don’t make a mess.
How to Store Leftover Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls?
Whether you want to enjoy them later in the day or freeze them for a future treat, we’ve got your storage needs covered.
1. Storing in the Refrigerator
If you plan on enjoying your leftover air fryer cinnamon rolls within a few days, then the refrigerator is your best bet for storage.
To keep them fresh and moist, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and place them in an airtight container. This will help keep moisture locked in so that when you are ready to enjoy them again they will be just as delicious as when they were first cooked!
Additionally, if there is any icing or glaze on your cinnamon rolls, make sure to store it separately from the buns themselves. This will help ensure that it stays fresh and doesn’t become overly sticky over time.
2. Freezing Leftovers
If you want to save your leftover air fryer cinnamon rolls for future enjoyment (which might be a wise decision!), then freezing is another great option.
- To freeze your extra pastries, let them cool completely before wrapping each one individually in plastic wrap or wax paper.
- Then place all of the individually wrapped pieces into a freezer-safe bag or container and pop it into the freezer!
- When you’re ready to enjoy one of these treats again simply take out a piece from the freezer and allow it to thaw at room temperature before heating it up either in an oven or an air fryer for 5-10 minutes.
Baking delicious cinnamon rolls in an air fryer is definitely possible!
By following these simple instructions and using proper precautions—like preheating your appliance beforehand—you’ll be able to enjoy fresh-baked cinnamon rolls without having to use any additional oil or fat.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to prepare delicious desserts without resorting to unhealthy methods of cooking, then baking cinnamon rolls in an air fryer may be just what you’ve been looking for!
In conclusion, both methods of making cinnamon rolls come with their own unique advantages depending on what kind of result you’re looking for each time! If you prefer a crisp exterior combined with a soft interior, then baking in an oven is likely better suited towards achieving this goal while also giving you more control over cooking times/temperatures if needed.
However, if convenience is key then reaching for an air fryer may be just what you need—plus it eliminates any potential issues with unevenly cooked spots due to its consistent hot air circulation! Ultimately though it comes down to personal preference when deciding between these two methods!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.